CFL discussion (non-Tiger-Cat)

"So Andrew.....you did it right?"

2 Likes

Harris: "Dunno, man, felt like nobody cared".

Banks: "Bro, you wouldnt believe Hamilton but.."

Elks are putting the antler logo their jersey and pants.

Edmonton Elks unveil new jerseys with help of local high schoolers - 3DownNation

3 Likes

The antlers looks more a pine tree.

2 Likes

I thought the exact same thing. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Good read here on a survey of sports betting in Ontario
Lots of information here

1 Like

They could change their nickname to Evergreens and not miss a beat

2 Likes

It's like a rorschach test do you see the antlers on the outside or the tree in the middle. It looks better on the white background.

1 Like

Then it's a snow-covered pine tree... lol

1 Like

I would love to see our TiCats back into a great looking third jersey. Especially for the bigger games like the Labour Day Classic. Something mean, menacing and dark.

I thought the grey uniforms years back were fine but with all the options you can work with to create a design with Tigers one would think something exciting could come from that.

Not this however -

5 Likes

In the Ticats' Signings thread, there was a very brief exchange, a day or two ago, over the announcement that the Bombers had released Jalen Saunders. It has now been reported that it was not related to football, but rather accusations against him by a woman in Winnipeg.

Not much more to be said on the issue, except that I hope justice will prevail.

1 Like

Another former TiCat has had his career cut short:

2 Likes

A few injuries sustained by MTL too in this pretty good write up.

Although both Jones and general manager Danny Maciocia stated last winter Adams would be the team’s starter, Harris’s performance against Hamilton might have put a bit of pressure on Adams.

Meanwhile, defensive-back Najee Murray sustained a foot injury against the Ticats and was in a walking boot on Monday. While Jones believes Murray could be ready for the regular-season opener, June 9 at Calgary, two potential starters in the secondary are now injured — Murray joining Greg Reid. He was banged-up last week after getting tangled with receiver Eugene Lewis on a passing play.

Notes: Tre Watson, bidding for the starting middle-linebacker job, has a hamstring injury. Watson is hoping to replace Ahmad Thomas, placed on the suspended list because he’s not vaccinated against [COVID-19](COVID-19 death toll highest in Quebec, lowest in Nova Scotia, P.E.I.: study | Montreal Gazette). Watson dressed for nine games last season, including the East Division semifinal loss at Hamilton. … Among the eight players released on Sunday, as teams had to reduce rosters to 75, was offensive-lineman Kwabena Asare. The 6-foot-8, 270 pounder spent three seasons at Edmonton and attended camp with Calgary last season. He was added to the Als’ practice roster last October. … Montreal has added Canadian kicker Dante Brown to compete against incumbent David Côté. Brown was released last week by the Ticats. He spent last season on Edmonton’s practice roster.

2 Likes

Here's the latest on Connor McGough, who had to retire due to health reasons. Just a reminder that some things are bigger than football: Former CFL DE Connor McGough recovering from surgery after myocarditis, COVID complications force retirement - 3DownNation

2 Likes

I get it was a Argo's broadcast, but my lord how unprofessional was that preseason broadcast... Sounds like a highschool football game with how salty they were with the ticats. And I thought tsn was bad for loving the Argo's haha

1 Like

Caleb Evans in 2 Preason Games

Game 1: 9/17 52% 0 TDs 1 INT
Game 2: 5/13 38% 0 TDs 1 INT

He doesn't look like he has progressed at all from last year. I'll be shocked if he is still on Ottawa's roster after the final cuts.

2 Likes

Gotta agree that assessment. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of promising QB's either come loose or land on practice rosters over the next few days. Ottawa's going snag somebody.

2 Likes

:rage:

1 Like

Nice to see Jalin Marshall finding playing time, and success, in Edmonton. He was the team's leading receiver in both pre-season games, catching 10 for 141 yds., including 50 YAC, and running the ball, once in each game, for a total 27 yds.

1 Like