CFL discussion (non-Tiger-Cat)

I was impressed with what I saw of Cameron Dukes last year when he came to mop up after Kelly. The kid has spunk and looks like he wants to win.

The question is how do the Argos lose key players from their roster and not miss a beat? Obviously their scouting is stellar. That might be what Hamilton’s problem has been over the years. Much more than just Coaching issues.

7 Likes

Operations cap. This is what might happen when you’re paying one guy two salaries, and have two co-ords who were also “associate” HCs, which probably came with a raise, and three co-GMs. SOMETHING has to give, and we may be seeing that fallout in the scouting department.

3 Likes

I see the Bombers have Bailey Feltmate @ FB on their depth chart for tonight @ Ottawa.

Didn’t he re-sign here in FA before announcing his retirement ? So if that is the case how and why did he windup in the Peg ?

1 Like

I’m still not sure how this happened either. But after the marketing money stuff I’m done asking.

1 Like

Based on Transaction page ticats released him from retired list when he decided he wanted to play again then winnipeg signed him to practice roster which he got activated from .

1 Like

They also have Tommy Nield who is a tall and talented National WR

1 Like

Is it a stellar D for Ottawa, or crappy O-line for the Peg?

3 Likes

Masoli down on the sidelines… Some sort of collapse/faint. Seems ok now.

1 Like

OTT is not a bad team anymore. Alarm bells should be ringing.

4 Likes

Crazy new rule about weather delays… RBs automatically win if they cancel in a few minutes? But if you look at the radar map, it looks like the worst will be over in about 20-30 minutes. And they only need to play another 2 minutes.

YES! They’re going to return now!!!

1 Like

It’s definitely the stellar Defence that does it. Bomber O-line needs a major renovation.

2 Likes

Nice tackle on ex cat Collaros by ex cat Maudlin.

(Looks around basement). We should put a ping pong table down here.

1 Like

Zach was running for his life all night . Has anyone heard what happened to Masoli on the sideline last night ? I’m hoping for the best :+1: :hearts:

5 Likes

Not sure what happened but he seemed ok after a while and there was a brief hug between him and Zach after

4 Likes

The rule was implemented in 2019. And it’s more based on TSN, not player safety (contrary to what the league says)

1 Like

I don’t think I knew that a team could, actually, be declared the winner, and be awarded the 2 pts. in the standings, in a game that didn’t continue beyond, even, the first quarter.

All of the rules, related to weather interrupted CFL games:

2 Likes

OK. I’ve read it a couple of times now, and I think I finally understand it. The confusion for me was related to the order of the paragraphs in the protocol.

In the case suggested by ottawacat, the second part comes into play. So it will depend on the point differential and the quarter that the game was called in. Being called after the midway point of quarter 3, the score at the “call” dictates the outcome and, therefore, the winner. In last night’s game, late in the 4th quarter, the 60-minute weather delay restriction appears to have been “up for discussion”… IMHO I think that the length of the delay needs to be re-considered in view of the point differential.

Was that Sammy? “How are ya?”

1 Like