CFL discussion (non-Tiger-Cat)

Ahaahah the player code of Silence it’s absolutely a sickness
The CFL needs some penicillin for that

2 Likes

"Investigators were unable to validate claims that Kelly later told teammates –

“that b**** is lucky I didn’t hit her”

because the player who heard the alleged threat refused to participate in their investigation".

Nobody can say Pinball hasn’t built a “team” culture. Boys will be boys.

4 Likes

A good and well informed article. You should post it in the main Chad Kelly thread.

The only thing the writer whiffed on was criticizing the CFL for being slow in announcing an investigation. In fact one week including a weekend so 5 working days, was in fact lighting fast. Fastest I can ever recall in any sport. Hell, Hockey Canada took years.

1 Like

I’m not sure where that one is, gone from the main forum?

https://forums.cfl.ca/t/chad-kelly-suspended-minimum-of-9-games-for-violating-gender-based-violence-policy/

1 Like

Well the Bombers made a strange move after one year . The Winnipeg Blue Bombers have released Canadian defensive lineman Anthony Bennett.

He dressed for 18 games during his rookie CFL season while making eight defensive tackles and three special teams tackles.

The 27-year-old Bennett was selected in the first round, eighth overall during the 2023 CFL Draft. The University of Regina product was named a first-team All-Canadian and a Canada West all-star after recording 38 tackles, 12.5 tackles for loss, and nine sacks as a senior — a school record.

He was an undersized defensive end at 6’0 225lbs, plus he was like 26, when he was drafted.

A where are they now CFL story, that I was surprised to read:

3 Likes

https://3downnation.com/2024/05/14/shawn-lemon-appeals-gambling-suspension-returns-to-montreal-alouettes/

Hamilton native Ryan Berta who played, here, at St. Jean de Brébeuf, went on to centre the Queen’s O-line, and was #1 in the CFL Combine bench press, this year, was among those released, by the Roughriders, as their cut-down down to 75.

1 Like

The Bombers have a fair number of injury issues, after 4 days of training camp.
(Print story, not the video)

2 Likes

I would think eventually they will find a way to put team emblems on the guardian caps.

CFL mandates mouthguards, allows players to wear guardian caps in-game - 3DownNation

Sad news:
https://3downnation.com/2024/05/16/longtime-tsn-broadcaster-darren-dutchyshen-dead-at-57/

2 Likes

Legit CFL fan. And not just because of TSN. Plenty at TSN who couldn’t give a toss about the CFL. Now there is one less who genuinely cared.

2 Likes

Rest easy, Dutchie. He was a larger than life. Sad day.

4 Likes

Sad news. I remember Dutch. Good sense of humour as a broadcaster. So young to pass too, only 57.

2 Likes

Very sad indeed. I really liked Dutchy and his on air persona. RIP Darren.

Get your prostate and PSA tests done guys. It could save your life and treatment for prostate cancer is very effective if caught early. We all have to push hard to be seen and tested.

6 Likes

TSN did an amazing tribute with Duthie, Rod Smith, and Hedger last night - three of his longest-lasting co-hosts.

3 Likes

I’ve been keeping eye on Al’s camp since my nephew is best friends with a former tiger cat and now Montreal Alouette offensive lineman.

I also like to keep an eye on the teams in the West
See what’s up there I also like to see who’s cut and could possibly come here and make a difference.

1 Like

Grover said it best . FUC* CANCER !

3 Likes