CFL discussion (non-Tiger-Cat)

This sounds devastating for OTT:
Redblacks lose DBs Abdul Kanneh, Sherrod Baltimore to six-game injured list

Meanwhile in CAL, a QB can break his damn leg and still look to be back on the roster a month later. (Could it have something to do with all the horseshoes they have in the area for that summer rodeo festival?)
Stamps QB Bo Levi Mitchell likely to come off six-game injured list early: report

vaccines frigging work that’s why

Lions players can still be infected even if fully vaccinated although with milder symptoms or asymptomatic.

Seems like this would be a good year to try out a full-face visor, for players who do not already wear one.

Good idea. I can imagine that there is a lot of bodily fluids exchanged at 1st and Goal on the 1 yard line. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Let’s assume Collaros is referring to Toronto only, and not to any other eastern cities.

Quarterback Zach Collaros has been on both sides of the prairie rivalry and knows how much this game means to local football fans.

“I think there’s similarities. They both love their football teams,” said Collaros. “Both are great places to play football. It’s a lot different than being in some of those eastern cities. They really love their football in the west. It’s been great these last few years to really be able to experience that. Winnipeg’s been awesome to me.”

https://3downnation.com/2021/09/01/andrew-harris-says-theres-nothing-better-than-shutting-up-30000-fans-in-regina/

We’ve got that covered. Thanks to Bomber command’s crack research team we’ve managed to ‘thump-proof’ Collaros by wrapping him in several layers of tissue paper. Only the rain can stop him now. :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :+1:

Well he did pluralize cities and he’s only played in two. By saying “some” he must be referring to Toronto, Montreal and Ottawa. :sunglasses:

Battle of the titans tonight. Als versus Redblacks.

Any sympathy for Ottawa? Who do we want to stay in the basement?

1 Like

If Ottawa wins with a QB who’s only weapon is the short game then LaPo will stick with the status quo until he’s driven out of town. On the other hand… if they lose badly then there MIGHT be a big freakin’ shakeup that MIGHT take the shape of a blockbuster trade. We’d all love to see that.

So to the basement with ye Ottawa!!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Ugh. Can’t they BOTH lose??

That’s how I usually feel about any pair of teams that don’t include HAM. Generally I do not get my wish.

EDM's schedule is crazy after rescheduling due to their missed game against TOR.

Sat Nov 13: @ SSK
Tues Nov 16: @ TOR
Fri Nov 19: @ BC

Cross-country flights between each game, and presumably no return to home base. And all this in the week before the start of playoffs (which may or may not be relevant for them). Does someone think this is hockey or baseball?

Might have been better for them to take the loss.

This helps insure bums in seats (revenue) and the League NOT having to pay TSN back the broadcast fee for a missed game. Frankly, the Elks did this to themselves. My sympathy for them is completely absent, and these are the consequences for their actions: CFL reschedules Elks-Argos game postponed by COVID outbreak, other schedule changes made - 3DownNation

4 Likes

L
L
L

2 Likes

Sad news in Montreal today - former Alouettes owner Bob Wetenhall has passed away at the age of 87 (or so): Former Montreal Alouettes' owner Bob Wetenhall has passed away - 3DownNation
Apparently he owned a part of the New England Patriots too, when they joined the NFL during the AFL/NFL merger: Robert C. Wetenhall - Wikipedia

1 Like

He got to enjoy quite a nice run there with the Calvillo led Alouettes.

RIP Mr. Wetenhall.

Sigh… the wallflower who has somehow managed to maintain the same Board name since July of 2005 just sits in the shadows forgotten… unloved. Oh well… :grin:

Count me in as chastized. I also forgot Mightypope.
There are others who are missed (Wilf and Gina, for examples) and others not-so-missed (not naming names, but one rhymes with spikey).

The way that Edm dominated the Stamps they might not have any problems with playing the 3 games close together.