CFL discussion (non-Tiger-Cat)

I wonder why he cared?

I love the T-shirt that Rider fans came up with in that Twitter link. :rofl:

1 Like

I did, too, and thatā€™s the main thing I was hoping your scrolling would find. :laughing:

2 Likes

Dave Naylor
@TSNDaveNaylor
](https://twitter.com/TSNDaveNaylor)
18h
The@CFLofficial who used an F-bomb into an open mic on Saturday in Saskatchewan has been fined by the league. Tom Vallesi will not miss any assignments for his action. The@sskroughridersare satisfied with the handling of the situation.#CFL [#Riders](https://twitter.com/hashtag/Riders?src=hashtag_click

Tom Vallesi is one of the top officials in the CFL . $5 in the swear jar would be appropriate .

2 Likes

He just said what every non-Rider fan has been saying for yearsā€¦ lol
FWIW, Craig Dickenson thinks the League should have gone easy on him: Riders' Craig Dickenson felt CFL should have gone 'easy' on referee Tom Vallesi for live mic F-bomb - 3DownNation
He could just as easily have said ā€œEff meā€ and it would amount to the same thing.
I refereed water polo for many years, and we would discuss the teams in the same manner in (away from the benches). Then we would go out drinking with the coaches after the games.

I wonder if SSK could simply have taken a Time Count/Delay of Game penalty instead of burning a timeout? I seem to remember incidents like that with the Chris Jones-led 'Riders when he wouldnā€™t bring the team out for the National Anthem and was late several times for the 3rd quarter.

After reading that piece, my guess is that Valessiā€™s F-Them was directed at some game official demanding that they get the play started. If true, then he was actually defending SSKā€™s right to call timeout whenever they see fit, and asserting the supremacy of the game over the broadcast.

No doubt it was misdirected and the context was not clear in a 3 second soundbite.

1 Like

Argos are bad, as we Ticat fans all know. Not sure if this signing was one of the genius moves that we assumed other teams were making in their recent transactions.

CFL refuses to register contract for linebacker Nate Holley

The CFL has decided to not register a contract for LB Nate Holley in accordance with our Violence Against Women Policy. We will not be commenting further out of respect for the privacy of those involved.

A couple of interesting tweets, complimentary to the league's handling of covid-19:

@CFL_News
Out of 42,200 COVID-19 tests administered to Tier 1 personnel (coaches, players and football operations staff), only 34 came back positive, which resulted in those individuals being removed from team activities until return to play protocols were met.

@CFL_News
By December 1, 95 per cent of all CFL players will be fully vaccinated (will have received their second dose for at least 14 days) -

1 Like

I love this. Argos break rules to invite known supervillain Chris Jones into the fold for a few short months, and on the way out the door, he poaches half their coaching staff.

Elks officially hire Stephen McAdoo as OC, Jarious Jackson & Markus Howell as assistants

Both spent the 2021 season in Toronto as McAdoo served as the Argosā€™ offensive line coach and Jackson was the offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coachā€¦

Markus Howell ā€¦ spent the 2021 season as the Argosā€™ pass game coordinator and receivers coach.

2 Likes

McAdoo, Jackson and Jones are joined at the hip.

1 Like

4 Argo coaches gone probably puts them close to the management cap , finally . :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

5 Likes

In one move Dane Evans:

A) is worth more
B) has one less team pursuing him for more money.

1 Like

I wonder if they give all players a $12k housing allowance? that would be a big help to players that come up for 6 months, Canadians too that play in another city away from family or home
$328k for Arbuckle? pretty good for a guy that hasnā€™t show much

1 Like

My understanding is $12k is the max they can give for housing. (Although I have seen reports elsewhere that players have received more, Danes told me repeatedly that 12 is the number-?)

And $328 PLUS $100k - $428k

Soā€¦ā€¦ $5-600 + ???

No, the signing bonus is included in the $328k.

1 Like

You think? I canā€™t ever tell how they word these tweets - somewhere I saw PLUS signing bonus, not WITH signing bonus.

So $450-500 + ā€¦ ?!?!?

The tweet from Naylor says ā€œbut $100k as a signing bonusā€.

In other words $100k up front (likely with 2021 cap money,) to keep their cost at 228 this year.

This is Jones paying less for a QB to spend more on his D in free agency. Pay attention to Edmonton.

2 Likes