CFL discussion (non-Tiger-Cat)

One could make a persuasive argument that the Katz hire was as disasterous as Marshall/Baressi/Reed.
Perhaps more so. It precipitated the the next two organizational blow-ups. Desjardins panicky deals and quick fix attempts might not have been needed.

I believe the expectation is that Masoli, in his first game in over two years behind a patchwork O-line, should have matched (2 TDs) or exceeded (3 TDs) the combined output of the next 10 QBs who faced WPG.

1 Like

Are we really using ā€œnumber of TDs thrown against WPGā€ as a measurement of success for anything?

Just another data point among many. If people are still bringing up poor performance in that game it seems like we should be reminded of the full context.

2 Likes

If anyone wonders why some of us get fired up that the CFL doesnt seem to care about players and DUI charges (Hughes, Ellingson, Lawlor) see Raiders WR Henry Ruggs. He has been charged with DUI Resulting in Death.

While I totally understand that the difference with Ruggs is that he actually did kill someone, the NFL has a mandatory 3 game suspension for DUI. The CFL has a "we'll speak with him attitude."

What a damn shame from someone that gets free drivers wherever he wants.

2 Likes

Please remind me how many more data points did we get in that game? Because we sure as heck didnā€™t get enough real points. And remember this was Winnipegā€™s first game too.

We played poorly in that game and lost. It was almost three months ago. Many things have happened since then. If we meet WPG again, the opening score will be set at 0-0.

1 Like

You donā€™t have to tell me that. Youā€™re the one who is bringing it up as some sort of ā€œdata pointā€

OK. It sounded like you were interested in more information.

Many others are fixated on recent losses, while some of us (and presumably 100% of the players and coaches) believe they do not determine the results of upcoming games.

1 Like

Gotta feel for Shiltz. Bit of a fast hook imo. But they didn't trade for Harris for him to sit.

1 Like

Now would be the time to get him some reps before the playoffs.

Are we the only team to fail to address our kicking issues? Or at least to try?

4 Likes

Yes.

1 Like

Itā€™s been a tough year for kickers and lots of competition to fill the need. BC, Winnipeg, Hamilton, Toronto, and Montreal all needed new kickers I think. Usually thereā€™s little turnover in kickers so there would be more options. But, our kicker did leave about 2 years ago.
I still have hope for Bertolet. Heā€™s got a monster leg and you canā€™t teach that.

2 Likes

Some of you arenā€™t going to like this one bit.

Argos claim Canadian OL Jonathan Zamora from Stamps

The Toronto Argonauts have claimed Canadian offensive lineman Jonathan Zamora from the Calgary Stampedersā€™ practice roster, per source.

As per CFL rules, players who are claimed off another teamā€™s practice roster must be on the active roster the following week.

1 Like

Iā€™d say ā€œHey Ticats, wake upā€ or ā€œHey Ticats, stop sitting on your handsā€, but itā€™s not even ironic any moreā€¦

1 Like

He was banged up going into the game ā€¦ will be interesting to see if he dresses as the backup this week ā€¦ there has been some speculation that he may have to sit out.

Hamilton Tiger-Cats @ Edmonton Elks

DEFENCE OFFENCE
QB 8 Jeremiah MASOLI LB 11 Kameron KELLY
RB 5 Don JACKSON LB 21 Simoni LAWRENCE
OL 50 Travis VORNKAHL LB 45 Jovan SANTOS-KNOX
OL 54 Chris VAN ZEYL DB 0 Ciante EVANS
OL 57 Brandon REVENBERG DB 2 Tunde ADELEKE
OL 60 Darius CIRACO DB 24 Desmond LAWRENCE
OL 64 Coulter WOODMANSEY DB 25 Jumal ROLLE
WR 12 Tim WHITE DB 26 Cariel BROOKS
WR 16 Brandon BANKS DL 56 Ja'Gared DAVIS
WR 80 Jaelon ACKLIN DL 93 Malik CARNEY
WR 82 Steven DUNBAR DL 97 Ted LAURENT
WR 83 David UNGERER DL 98 Dylan WYNN

Hamilton Tiger-Cats
DB 30 Stavros KATSANTONIS
QB 9 Dane EVANS
DL 77 Valentin GNAHOUA , 90 Mason BENNETT, 94 Lorenzo MAULDIN
OL 55 John YARBROUGH, 67 Jesse GIBBON
K 18 Taylor BERTOLET, 32 Joel WHITFORD
RB 29 Jackson BENNETT , 31 Sean THOMAS ERLINGTON
LS 53 Tom SCHNITZLER
LB 28 Tyrice BEVERETTE, 36 Bailey FELTMATE, 39 Nick CROSS, 43 Jarek
RICHARDS , 44 Curtis NEWTON, 58 Gordon WHYTE
WR 84 Nikola KALINIC , 88 Tyler TERNOWSKI

The Cat O probably will plug Gibbon in for Ciraco on the roster . Perhaps Woody goes to centre and Jesse goes to RG .

The Cat D should look the same ? Special teams will be interesting with Jackson Bennett , Nic Cross and Valentin Gnahoua not practising .

Pat Lynch (looking forward to the depth chart)

1 Like

I cant have hope for him too. While heā€™s on the practice roster.

Non of those failed-to-connect Masoli long passes were the biggest "bomb" of this weekend's CFL games. Local CFL official Tom Vallesi is this week's "winner." from the
Elks @ Riders game and is a main topic of discussion, today, across the "green" province.

A few related comments come up, scrolling, here:

https://twitter.com/RougeRadio?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1459653940098867200|twgr^|twcon^s1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fcflnewshub.com%2Fcfl-news%2Fcfl-issues-apology-after-official-drops-f-bomb-during-game%2F

Watching that game, I did wonder about the Riders being allowed to call a time-out, when time, in fact, wasn't yet in.

2 Likes