CFL discussion (non-Tiger-Cat)

Hi G...Girl,
Of course you are welcome here, although Cat-bashing is not tolerated. However, we are curious that you've been on the CFL Forum for ~7 years (or more?), but it's only very recently that you started to post on the Tiger-Cats board. What do you attribute that to? Do you like our board because of it's busy activity and insightful comments, or are the Cats your 2nd favourite team (after the Lions), or... ???

1 Like

7 years? whoa

as for reason why i posted here? see my comment you quoted. and no i did not bash cats and i don’t bash any teams.

OK, but I never accused you of Cat bashing. I was just telling you that we will quickly run outsiders off of our board if they make any "nasty" comments here. Um, what is your comment that I quoted?

sighs

ok then.

Just don't visit their threads like I do. I just open the thread and click to the timeline scroll on the right and begone they are

This thread is called CFL discussion (non-Tiger-Cat). I would think Cornelius contract details fall under that umbrella. Not sure what the issue is?

5 Likes

It's because she pointed out a similar topic about the Cornelius contract that is occuring on the main board. ExPat and many others don't really venture too often into the main forum.

It's no big deal. Gridiron Girl is new around here so it's Just a minor misunderstanding.

I too was new to this forum I got temporary banned for calling out SL for his questionable play? Seems like a double standard to me

Sometimes some of the visitors to our forum can get a bit edgy when responding to our posts. In my case, I was simply curious as to why a long-time CFL forum member has only recently started posting on the Tiger-Cat forum. There was no malintent intended on my part. Apologies if my posts were misconstrued in that way.

2 Likes

what makes you think i’m a long time member? i don’t get the 7 year thing?

also, i was warned specifically about the members of this group and now i see why. oh well. adios amigos!

Sorry, I misinterpreted the "August 15" as August 2015. It was an honest mistake. Adios!

2 Likes

Hi CC.

In her profile it says that GG joined the forum just over a month ago on Aug 15. She's definitely a noob and doesn't know the nuances of the Ti-Cat board. As a matter of fact neither do most of the regulars. :smile:

3 Likes

Former Ticat, former Rider, explaining about what it was like to play in Regina as a black man back then: Former Riders' running back Kenton Keith says team faced racism in Regina - 3DownNation

2 Likes

Ottawa looks beatable. Especially at home.

Something will have to give when we play there. They are winless at home while we are winless on the road. Perhaps … a tie game?

5 Likes

If anybody thought that trading for Vernon Adams was the answer during Dane's earlier season struggles, well tonight that question was answered. Adams has weapons like Burnham, Whitehead, Hatcher, and Rhymes. Yet he only managed to complete 12 of 24 passes for 151 yards. He has a great O-Line there in BC also. The BC offence only managed to score a FG with Adams at the helm. A stark contrast to what they were doing with Rourke as QB.

Now imagine how great Dane would look in that BC offence.

5 Likes

Maybe by that point players all walk out together and just go for pizza and wings instead.

Week 16 results increased the number of teams, with guaranteed playoff participation, from 1 to 4. CGY & BC* joined WPG, in the West, while TOR is not only in, but also will have an Eastern home playoff game, with MTL now being the only other team that could still finish first in the division.

(* - Even though BC lost their game, the fact that HAM & OTT, also both lost, means the Lions will finish no worse than crossing over to the Eastern playoffs, from 4th place in the West.)

2 Likes

Agree 100% on VA and the Lion's receiving corp. I personally don't think their O-line is that great. One of the things that impressed me so much about Rourke was his success when he was so often being pressured. I'm not convinced our current O-line is worse than theirs. So I'm not sure how much better Dane would look with BC. The receivers would be a big help but the pressure might counteract that.

Well the games that i watched with Rourke it looked like he had quite a bit of time in the pocket to find all those deadly receivers. I haven't seen the stats yet on BC's O-Line but they look like they are a hell of a lot improved over the last couple of years. Poor Mike Reilly was getting killed playing behind that atrocious O-Line in 2019 and 2021.

1 Like

Agree. They are much better than when Reilly was getting destroyed. As for their stats I have no idea. Just had the impression that he was pressured a lot. Maybe it's just because I was impressed with Rourke when it happened and remember those times.

1 Like