CFL discussion (non-Tiger-Cat)

Smart signing, IMO, by Burke -- a 2-year deal with a big National OL starter, from Ontario, who played university ball in the U.S., now with several years CFL experience, also now vaccinated, and he just turned 29.

:eyes:

1 Like

Perhaps a bit premature? The guy has five 100+ yard receiving games in his entire career.

Good to see BC continuing to only worry about the skill position players.

They still have to sign Bryan Burnham.

Can't imagine his camp will allow Lucky to make more than him.

1 Like

Hope this isn't an Aaron Rodgers "innoculation situation" . Proof of vaccinations must be followed to have a season .

Pat Lynch ( 3 shots and 8 negative tests)

The Ruby Signing

You can’t be serious!

Yeah , I think he is serious .

They are when they don't want to give up a point on a kickoff in the GC

2 Likes

At least you didn't call him Shirley. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Belief from the insiders that Collaros is worth about $550k, with Fajardo being the worst contract at $512k.

Can't see Winnipeg paying Zach that because of the players they have to re sign

Collaros now has back to back Grey Cups! :trophy: :trophy:

He will get his $$$! :moneybag:

Of course. But where?

Jefferson and Jeffcoat didn't take top dollar.

Does the salary cap apply to WPG, or can they just give small raises to everyone?

2 Likes

Well if they go over the cap and pay the fine they will have less profit to share with TO

Interesting way to look at it. To say it another way, teams that stay within the cap get to send the savings to Argos to help fund their decision to exceed it.

1 Like

Here's some actual good news.
I think it's safe to say that Catherine Raiche has a lot to thank Jim Popp for:

1 Like

Maybe ALL teams should just exceed the cap. The result would be better players and better football. The subsequent league fines would be offset by better attendance, merchandise sales and TV ratings.

If I recall that strategy seemed to work pretty good for the Riders in 2013.

1 Like

I'm currently watching the 1982 playoff game with Cowboys at 49ers . Great players but here's what strikes me . The broadcast crew is Vin Scully and Hank Stram . They are describing the Game . Telling me who carried the ball. Who made the tackle. Some plays involve 3 tacklers and Scully is giving me those names . HOW REFRESHING ! NO STORIES ! NO COUNTRY MUSIC REFERENCES ! NO GLEN SUITOR !

Pat Lynch (hoping TSN dumps the dope)

8 Likes

This is a rather interesting time in the CFL . Teams are signing lots of players . That suggests to me that players and agents have faith in the league even with the FOX spring league opening in April of this year . No defections yet !

Pat Lynch (the elderly person)

1 Like

I watched that game as a little kid and still remember "The Catch".

R.I.P. Dwight Clark

2 Likes

I know Scully is a baseball guy, specifically with the Dodgers....But, as a kid in the late '70's I remember Scully doing football games with Tom Brookshire AFTER CBS broke up the Pat Summerall/Tom Brookshire tandem...

2 Likes