CFL Comish,Mark Cohon knows the Milwaukee BEERBARONS

Ok this is no joke.

My freind who works behind the scenes at the Bomber games was talking to Mark Cohon about the new football stadium and asked about a possible rumor of Milwaukee joining the CFL (without even mentioning the name Beerbarons).
Without saying anymore Mark Cohon answered "Ah the Beerbarons"

LOL

My freind said that they discussed it a little further and Mark Cohon said that you can't rule it out. From what I got out of the conversation was something along the lines of "anything is possible in the CFL and if there is enough interest and support it could happen"

Well there you go.
2 things we can get out of this is...
-The CFL board actually does read this forum,lol
-It could be possible yet for US exspansion in the right northern city like Milwaukee.

When I got the text on my phone from my freind after he talked to him the biggest smile popped on my face.

There you have it.
Milwaukee, in the greatest football state of the US, may still be on the map.

Question?
Did the comish ruffle his hair after speaking to him?
Thats code for move along kid, yer bothering me.

...sounds like a diplomatic answer to me...that being said, this Milwaukee crap should just die a quick and very painful death...

The walls have eyes and ears people.

dont worry...they only listen to my thoughts and suggestions.

Perhaps he reads the boards and was just humouring your friend thinking he was you.

It is nice to see that he does read the boards

No american teams, sorry. It's called the CFL for a reason. I'd rather see it die an honorable death rather than go through that garbage again.

In fairness I do believe the people at HO do on occasion read the threads to get the pulse of the nation and especially us diehards of the CFL.

Then I wonder how my free tshirts in cases of beer is doing?

They guy's a fan as well as the commissioner, so of course he reads the boards. I'm a little surprised there was ever any doubt about that.

Bah…who needs a t-shirt? I already got the new flag giveaway…sweet lookin’ this year, too…

I have one of those, with the old logo on it… very nice. There are 3 River Street bars in Moose Jaw that have been bought out, 2 are now closed(Royal and Brunswick) and the 3rd is set to close in September. Their last giveaway is 2 tickets to the Labour Day Classic. You can bet that I will be buying a few cases from them to enter the draw on August 22. You have to be there to win, and you have to qualify, the more off sale you buy, the better your chances are of qualifying.

Just to stay on topic, I bet Mr. Cohon is getting a good belly laugh over the “BeerBarons” thing, I know I have gotten a few laughs from it.

FROM A BUSINESS STANDPOINT I THINK IT MAY BE THE OLY OPTION FOR THE CFL BECAUSE OF POPULATION CONCERNS.....THE US MARKET IS TOO BIG FOR THE CFL NOT TO WANT TO TRY TO LOOK AT AGAIN....BUT THE LABOR LAWS ARE NOT GOING TO CHANGE ANYTIME SOON......

And the troll awakes from his hibernation....

I'm all for the BEERBARONS!!
Then again I'm all for BEER!!

Like so many here, he can smell an expansion thread from miles away, and gets drawn to it too! :lol:

Actually, with the merger between MillerSAB and Coors, there will be a relocating of the new company’s HQ to a different city, front runners are Chicago and Dallas. While the Miller brewery will still remain open, there will be NO major brewers headquartered in Milwaukee once this takes place.
Better pick another name for the team, BB; it’s the end of an era in the City of Festivals… :cry:

Cohon was just being a peacemaker. At least we know he reads the message board. Don't forget on his watch we are unable to watch the CFL in the US. I don't see sponsors lining in Milwaukee to have a CFL team. Thats Packer Country and Milwaukee is a dump.

It isn’t exactly true we can’t watch the CFL in the States Peter, but your points are well taken anyway.

Some U.S. fans can get the games on regional cable networks or on Satellite (or other ways if you’re persistent and creative).