CFL Columbus, Ohio franchise

Looks like the CFL wants to put teams in the United States again.

Columbus Sharks?

1 Like

should we do one of these threads for every city in the usa?

1 Like

Just think of the rivalry with Wilkes-Barre Scranton. And we could get Dunder Mifflin on board as a corporate sponsor.

Columbus isn’t good. Ohio stadium has over 100 thousand seating capacity. I’d rather go to the Boston area at Harvard University

Why do you say this EZ?

Ohio Stadium would require a jackhammer to widen and add length to the field. Columbus Crew soccer stadium would be all set to go.

1 Like

Do you have a link to the story?
Some guy yesterday posted another one of these stories but it was about Portland.

The CFL Portland Antifa and the Colombus Beheaded. :clown_face: :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Umm they don’t need to use Ohio Stadium.

Columbus Crew Stadium is as of just the other week lacking an anchor tenant and has a capacity of 26,000.
It could be easily altered to fit a CFL field.

1 Like

But would the MLS Columbus Crew allow their old stadium be leased if they currently use the old stadium as a practice facility. I don’t know if Columbus FC rent out the old facility for concerts when it has a new stadium

Renschelt Stadium in Hartford would fit a CFL dimension. A Boston CFL franchise could play where Boston College plays, but it would be a tight fit. Harvard Stadium uses a bowl configuration and is tight just for their college football team

1 Like

Okay, am I totally missing something or are these "reports" coming out of thin air? Is this our guy who pretends to break news who's back again?

2 Likes

YES YES YES

Oh, shucks. I was hoping that I was somehow just that unaware.

1 Like