CFL attendance issue settled once and for all...

For those of you wondering whether pre-season numbers were used in calculating average attendance, I have your answer (and have had it all along, you just chose not to listen to me)...By the way, this question was e-mailed to the CFL statistician:

Question from me:
Stats

[b] Hi there, I just wanted to clear something up regarding attendance figures.
When the CFL calculates average attendance for a team over a season, do they
include pre-season figures as well as regular season, or do they only use
regular season numbers?

I personally think that regular season numbers are the only ones used, and that
pre-season and post-season numbers are never lumped in with regular season
attendance.

When a team, let's say the BC Lions, said they averaged 31,861 fans last season,
do they mean for their 9 regular season home games?[/b]

Answer:

[b]You are correct...we do not count pre-season or post-season.

Chris
[/b]

Case closed, end of story.

All this says is what the CFL does.. it doesnt mean that ro cant use the pre-season numbers..its what we have been trying to tell you all along, but you just dont want to see it.

:roll:

That's like saying that you can drive on the wrong side of the street if you want to because it's 'your way'. Yes, you can, but you'd be stupid doing it and would also be clearly wrong.

Guys, how much more obvious can it get?

We arent talking about driving, we are talking attendance figures. Ro used the pre-season in his figures-- that is all there is to it. I guess this reponse make you feel like you have accomplished something other than cutting your own meat or tying your own shoelaces-- get a life man.

No need to stick up for Ro, he's wrong. You look even dumber by supporting him using pre-season numbers. At first he told me my way was wrong, then realized that he was clearly in the wrong.

It's just shocking that supposedly such a big 'football fan' would not know that pre-season figures are never, ever used in professional sports attendance records. It's just that obvious.

You actually are trying to feel big over the fact that you got verification by the CFL on this issue-- if to prove ro wrong was your big goal life, then that is truly sad-- on to your next "accomplishment" in life-- potty training...

You guys can't admit when you're wrong, ever. Believe what you want to believe, but I'll take the CFL's statistician, along with every other in pro sports over ro1313 anyday of the week.

My big goal in life is to be the best, and I've accomplished that. On to the next, making sure the Riders never see another Grey Cup again.

What amazes me is that you are the only one who cares!

The most amazing part is that I'm the only one who's right. Ro, you cared way back when you thought you were right. You've been proven wrong and now pretend you don't care. That's a loser's attitude, sorry to say.

You get all excited when you're playing the game but after you lose, you pretend like you never tried. Classic.

By the way, still haven't admitted you're wrong...

I didn't care then and I don't care now!
I even said then that I never tried to defend my way of calculating. You are just so desperate to be right about something that you have to change the facts

This is getting pitifully!

Good luck with that, you are a long way off from reaching that goal-- a good first step would be to say its ok for ro to use pre-season numbers instead of going to great lengths to be "right". The next step would be to stop being a whiny crybaby about what happens with the team you cheer for, but I suspect that that will be tough to overcome for you. Try being a good sport for a change.

OK, let's make a deal...I've given you all the evidence one could ever need to show that pre-season figures are never lumped in with regular season attendance stats. I proved a lot of people wrong on this issue, but I'm not going to shame you by asking for an apology. Just admitting you were wrong will be a good first step...

Still waiting...Next step is going to be posting what those people posted way back when you said I was totally off. If you don't expose yourselves, I will.

unbelievable!

It's a simple solution ro, admit you were wrong. Don't apologize, just own it.

Sad!

OK, let's make a deal...I've given you all the evidence one could ever need to show that pre-season figures are never lumped in with regular season attendance stats. I proved a lot of people wrong on this issue, but I'm not going to shame you by asking for an apology. Just admitting you were wrong will be a good first step...

Still waiting...Next step is going to be posting what those people posted way back when you said I was totally off. If you don't expose yourselves, I will.

I never said that they were.. I just said that ro used the pre-season numbers.. even if you can find the quote that says I was wrong, why would I apologize for it? This is a petty thread, with a petty point to prove-- hold your head up high RLR, you have proved to the world that you are nothing but a sad, pathetic person.

You're the very best in the world RLR! Now can you just drop it. Ro sure has never done anyone any harm and even gives us nice clips and tables so what's your point? You have a whole lot of growing up to do before you're done.