CFL/Argos uneasy with Rob Ford

http://www.thestar.com/content/dam/thestar/sports/argos/2013/11/14/cfl_reacts_to_rob_ford_in_argos_jersey/rob_ford.jpg.size.xxlarge.letterbox.jpg

Mayor Rob Ford speaks to city council Nov. 14, wearing a Toronto Argonauts jersey.

[b][u]CFL reacts to Rob Ford in Argos jersey[/u] THE TORONTO STAR

The Toronto Argonauts are distancing themselves from Rob Ford after the embattled mayor made an obscene remark and admitted to driving while intoxicated all while wearing the team’s jersey on live TV.

“The Toronto Argonauts organization is not in a position to comment on the manner of dress of public officials,? reads the team’s official statement. “The situation with respect to the Mayor and his leadership is unseemly at best. These latest remarks, while wearing our team’s jersey, are particularly disappointing given our organization’s work in the community to help youth deal with issues of bullying prevention. We hope for the benefit of the wonderful citizens of Toronto and this great city that this situation is resolved expeditiously.?

Meanwhile, CFL Commissioner Mark Cohon said he is focusing on this weekend’s playoff games and not what Ford may be saying or doing while wearing one of his team’s jerseys at city hall.
“I know he’s a big football fan,? Cohon said Thursday morning. “That’s his choice to wear that jersey. What I’m focused on is our games on Sunday and the Grey Cup the following week.?
Embroiled in an intensifying controversy regarding his substance abuse and behaviour in office, Mayor Ford was wearing a blue Argos’ jersey Thursday morning when he referenced oral sex on live TV.

Ford also later admitted to reporters that he may have driven while intoxicated.

Prior to making those remarks, Ford said he was about to call Hamilton mayor Bob Bratina — though Ford pronounced the name “Bob Britannia? — to “tell him we’re going to have to spank their little Tiger-Cats.?[/b]

[url=http://www.thestar.com/sports/argos/2013/11/14/cfl_reacts_to_rob_ford_in_argos_jersey.html]http://www.thestar.com/sports/argos/201 ... ersey.html[/url]

What is even more strange than that , was when ROB FORD admitted to smoking CRACK he was wearing a NFL team tie... :lol:

I am sure that the NFL brass just loved that. It was shown all over America and the rest of the world. :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :rockin:

Brings a whole new meaning to "Eat em raw"... Lets not even get into the synanames for tiger cats....
This is just too much already... The media is now embarrasing the city. He is obviously not going to resign so why encourage this destruction of civic pride.

Hey, it gets the argos in the papers and creates awareness of the upcoming playoff game, which is likely to be mentioned in every article published in all the newspapers across the city/country.

With the argos distancing themselves from the mayor, the argos brand is not damaged at all. Free advertising.

If it wasn't pointed out, would anyone in Toronto have known it was an Argos jersey. Besides, who really cares what he's wearing ?

What a stupid, self-righteous, over-reaction by the Argos PR person.

"The situation with respect to the Mayor and his leadership is unseemly at best."

• Probably best not to even editorialize in a public statement. :roll:

"These latest remarks, while wearing our team’s jersey, are particularly disappointing given our organization’s work in the community to help youth deal with issues of bullying prevention."

• What does "bullying prevention" have to do with anything? Are they referring to that drunken video in which he said he wanted to kill someone?? This is a real stretch.

"We hope for the benefit of the wonderful citizens of Toronto and this great city that this situation is resolved expeditiously.?

• What situation? That he takes off his Argos jersey, pronto?

This whole statement comes across as smug and sanctimonious. I am no apologist for the guy, and while I am sure they would prefer a hot female celebrity to be wearing their jersey, I seriously doubt anyone is going to associate his crack and drinking issues with the Argos. Sheesh. :roll:

The Argos made a wise choice. :thup: Until Ford gets professional help and takes a leave of absence, no one in their right mind should associate with him unless they absolutely have to for government business to proceed. A football game is not that.

I think the CFL and the Argos should maybe just keep quiet about Rob Ford. So he wants to wear an Argo shirt to show his support for the team this week. That's his prerogative. But if they are going to come hat in hand in a few years looking for the City of Toronto to put some money in the kitty for a new or Stadium upgrade is won't be the so called offended Argo and CFL fans opening their wallets.
I don't smoke or drink and wouldn't say s--t if I had a mouthful, but I have been in too many locker rooms and many other all male gathering to think all these Holier than Thou hypocrites (well maybe not Pinball) don't talk the same language and worse. So now to believe the left wing media all these supposed offended people won't vote for a Mayor that is saving the City of Toronto a lot of money. They can only wish.

It would make the Argos look desperate for money if they thought this was great. IMHO. Just about everyone it seems wants him to resign. I say doesn’t have to resign but take the leave of absence and get professional help.

Couldn't agree more. Rhymes with Orange got it right, too. Why say anything ?????

Look at it this way say the feds and Ontario don't give Toronto as much money for future capital projects and the city has tor raise taxes by 4-6% would people still say there doing a great job i doubt it.

There would eb backlash if they did not say anything.

Silence is golden? Good on the Argos to say something, everyone should say something if they actually want to help this man in the long run. The more voices to get some professional counseling, the better. Maybe if he gets hit on the head with enough voices, one will get through. Let's only hope for the man's personal sake.

And Ford refuses to step down because???

This guy is such a piece of work. What's that saying? "The truth shall set you free".

May 26, 2013: “We’re bringing accountability to city hall. First time ever.?… Rob Ford

Yep, that is what city hall is trying to do alright but I don't think it is for the first time. I hope he doesn't make that part of his platform if he decides to run again. :rockin:

Maybe it is because the whole FORD family are in denial and ARE bullies. His family and him have made ALL of Canada a world wide laughing stock. :thdn: see : world wide T.V. , ect...CNN , ect...

I will never forget at the ARGOS press conference for the 100th Grey Cup in Toronto KICK OFF , when Rob's brother DOUG [while wearing a very expensive ARGO 100th Grey Cup jacket for free] stood up and said this ,

Remember , this was at an ARGOs only press conference...for the 100th Grey Cup ,

" I will be disappointed if I [Doug] don't bring a NFL team in Toronto by , 2014 "

He also had to apologize later on public radio to the NFL because he mentioned that NEW ORLEANS might move to Toronto because of KATRENiA HURRICANE. :roll:

Yah, but Earl just look who "everybody" is, the left wing media. I think that everybody would have wanted the late Jack Layton to resign when he was caught in a Rub and Tug parlour, but the same "everybody" swept that under the carpet. If there ever was a case of the Pot and the Kettle name calling it would be this one. But IMO in this case the Pot is worse than the Kettle for political purposes of course.

CRACK is far worse than POT is. If this happened to any of US at our job , would the same rules apply to US???
We would be fired and / or in jail so fast? TRUE??? :wink:

There is both left and right wing media. :thup:

I don't think there has been any proof that Ford "cracked up" on the job. I would love to see how many of these "everybody's" would raise their right hand and swear on a Bible (if they knew they would be jailed for perjury) that they had never tried pot or coke. It isn't the homeless who are making the drug dealers rich.
As far as Rob Ford being fired the guy doesn't even accept a salary, does the job for a dollar a year, as far as I know.

does anyone else notice the double standard?;
conservative politician ( Ford )smokes illegal drug ( crack ) and the media won’t stop talking about it.
liberal politician ( Trudeau ) smokes illegal drug ( pot ) and the media talks about it for a day then never again.

if the media is going to crucify one, they should crucify both.
seems the media has a very left-wing agenda, IMO.