CFL and our American audience

Obviously it isn’t a bad thing you love the league, but I hate it when people bash things they don’t know out of shear ignorance. I am trying to be a fan of the CFL but CFL fans have such a inferior complex that it is impossible to stay on topic and pretty irratating.

Speaking of the CFL and our American audience... Guess which team has the two lead news stories on today's ESPN's NFL homepage? Da Argos! :lol:

[url=http://sports-att.espn.go.com/nfl/index?&lpos=globalnav&lid=gn_NFL_NFL]http://sports-att.espn.go.com/nfl/index ... gn_NFL_NFL[/url]

Look at all those empty seats! How could this be??? The ever so popular Argonauts should be selling out!! OMG! :lol:

how is the traffic in TO?

every city has a team that doesn't draw really well, just go to an Atlanta Hawks home game, or a Thrashers game.

The traffic doesn’t matter when you have tarped off most of the upper deck seats and have some very clear gaps in the lower section.

It sure would be nice to sell out the Rogers Centre, but it was only done during the Jays heydays back in the early 90s.

The Argos/TiCats game looks fairly well attended today. I haven't heard the official attendence yet, but I would say that it is probably in the upper 20,000s.

There's no failure here.

40,000 actually, but even the advaridve CFL attendance is just above 25,000, so no worries.

In the heyday of the Jays they were drawing 50 000 +, now it just over half of that, around 28 000, so how do you think that is good? Yes the Argos didnt draw when they had lousy teams, but you would expect that, most teams see a fan dropoff when they are losing, even the Yankees. Toronto has soured on baseball, even an American wanna-be like you AB has to recognize that at least.

Toronto hasn't made the playoffs since 93... you think they have been great? What a load of crap! Argos won the grey cup in 2004 and even last year they didn't get much better crowds. You cannot even compare the Argos attendance to jays average attendance because the argos only play a Handful of games in a season that SHOULD be SOLD OUT if they are such a popular team in Toronto like all of you want to beleive.

UHHHH… The jays home opener this year was sold out. http://media.putfile.com/Molina

The Argos home opener…

WAS NOT!

Even with Ricky Williams.

Sambo: support of sports teams do not reflect your stance on your nationality; that, my friend, is just asinine.

If I wanted to be American I would just move to America, but I don’t because I am canadian and I love canada.

If Dome isn’t full whenever the Jays make it to the playoffs next, then I will say Toronto has soured, but that will never happen when the jays make it to the playoffs :rockin:

SORRY YOU SHOULD GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT. :lol: :roll:

The CFL is the # 2 sport in CANADA , right before hockey. :thup:

ARGO games T.V. ratings are double that of the JAYS , T.V. ratings and TRIPLE the NFL’s and RAPTOR’s T.V. ratings. :lol:

The BLUE JAYS , until last season where losing 35 million U.S. a year.

And the ARGOS have had far better crowds since 2004.

At least if you are going to say something , know your facts first.

The ARGOS and the CFL have had great T.V. ratings for the last 6 years. The problem was getting people into the ball park in some places. Look at MONTREAL :cowboy: In both HAMILTON and Toronto that is changing big time. Sorry to disappoint your little anti-Canadian cultural tantrum. :lol:

AB... You have proven many times over that you are not a CFL supporter. And...all you really do is come across as an american wannabe. So I ask you (again) why are you even here?

he is worried that we are RIGHT! :lol: :wink: :rockin:

I aweser that Geo, to piss us all off, that why he is here.

wanna go do the same on the NFL forum???

If you love Canada you sure have a very funny way of showing it. You just dump on the CFL cause you think it is easy pickings, so why not go the NFL forum and dump on them and see what kind of reponse you get? My bet is you WONT do that, cause just any other conservative in this country, you just want to kiss their @$$, then get walked on when you need their help.

We have all tried to find out the real reason that wannabee American is here, but he will never answer a direct question. Also, his stupidity which is clearly showing.
Maybe if we ignore him he will just go away.

Maybe in Canada, but honestly what else does canada have? LOL!

In toronto the casual fan does not give a crap about the CFL or the Argos.
Sportsnet is averaging 377,000 this season for its prime time Blue Jays broadcasts. You sure the Argcocks are going to average that in the Toronto Market? Forget that roughnecks from outwest maybe watching, but who cares about them anyways? Everyone out west is small market all you guys can afford to keep is your second rate football clubs that are valued at 15 million… the amount of money an All star, in a real Major league sport, makes. The CFL can get national ratings all they want, it really doesn’t matter because you guys are acting like TV contracts in Canada are lucrative when they aren’t. The CFL is still bleeding red and always will. CFL fans are small time… You follow a second rate league that has second rate tv production, in second rate stadiums. Everything is second rate in this league and their tickets are at dirt cheap prices. Cannot even sell out the rogers centre for the first game of the season with those second rate prices for tickets. Pathetic… the “americanized” yeah, sure… keep saying that if it helps you justify being a fan of this crummy league.

Keep wishing that your cookie cutter minor league will be a force in SouthWest ontario it will NEVER happen. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ARGBLOWS! :lol:

Ratings :lol:

The NHL gets great ratings in Canada, but it doesn’t matter because they get peanuts in terms of money that is why they left winnipeg and quebec so they can actually get money from tv in the US, and you guys think the CFL ratings are going to help this dying league where old men and NFL rejects act like all stars.

I actually thought they would be able to sell out the Dome with Ricky williams, but lmao couldn’t even do that! Montreal is a piece of shit city, and look at their stadium it is a joke what 20,000 people? Kiss my ass! Montreal isn’t even the most recognizable city in Canada anymore, that city is rotting away.

Maybe Argos Bills, you should move to the US, its clear you want to be there.

I apo;ogize to all the good Argo fans out there. This Argobill is the kind of guy you will never ever satisfy. He has a right to his opinion yes, why he comes on here and yaps is to satisfy his meaningless existance thats it. If he moved to the states he would be slandering the sports down there because this is what this guy gets his jollies from. He is Mr. Big high and mighty don't you know. If anything he is entertaining to a degree sort of like side show bob. And the reason he stays on here is we the fans of this site feed him his ego! Good bye door knob I will not be responding to your meaningless existance any further and I suggest everyone else does the same his opinion then becomes meaningless. I have to admit he is a good joke.

let’s make a trade, me for Argo Bill.