CFL ALLSTAR GAMES...................

Hi people, I was wondering, does anyone have any info on the past CFL ALLSTAR games. All I could find out is that there were CFL ALLSTAR games played in 1957, 1971, 1983 and 1988. Unfortunatley I could never find out who won the game, where it was played and what time of the year it was held. So if you could give me a website or just tell me first hand everything about these games, i'd really appreciate it. I think it's sad that it's not recored in the CFL.ca.

Who thinks it would be cool if the CFL had allstar games played every year, Western All-stars vs the Eastern All-stars? I'd say have it in a stadium where it would be a guarantee that it would sell out. Maybe Husky Stadium or Molson. :smiley:

Football isn't conducive to all star games. I wouldn't be interested in watching it.

all star games suck

The all star games were played from the late 70's to the late 80's. I don't know anything else. I wonder what colors the teams were?

I like it...the way the leauge has grown, we need it..
All the CFL finest players..playing against each other.
get Reebok to throw some cash towards the players, and it's a go..

I'm not in favor of a CFL AS game (boring), but if it's done, it should be done in one location year after year and before the preseason becase players don't give their all in a game like this anyway, unless their is an award inculded. I suggest it be played in Kingston, Toronto, or London becase that is where the most people are in Canada, in southern Ontario.

i hate all star games....meaningless...and then players get hurt

I think it would definitley expand the league's horizon if they were to have an All-Star game. Here's the bright side of it, it would be an extra game to watch in the CFL. I think the season should go like this:

pre-season - regular season - playoffs - Grey Cup - CFL SuperStar Bowl*

• I thought i'd name the All-Star Game, lol

or:

preseason ( with another game in Halifax )
season openers
labour-day classic's
banjo bowl and other return match-ups
thanksgiving classic
playoffs
Scotia Bank Division Finals
Grey Cup
OFF-SEASON

nice name. 8)

but before the preseason.

CFL Superstar Bowl, 4 week preseason, reguler season, labor day classics, playoffs, Grey Cup

how abou a raise for those who play in the game and/or win it?

CFL ALSTAR GAMES DO NOT SUCK! :evil: THE CFL SHOULD MAKE PLAYERS TRY IF THEY GO! I WOULD LOVE TO BE AT OR WATCH A CFL ALLSTAR GAME! AND I WOULD BUY AN EAST JERSEY! :smiley: Isac Bruce :smiley:

I liked the all-Star games of the 80s. Both (I believe) were played in Edmonton. They were not particularly good games. Some earlier all star games had the neat feature of the Grey Cup champions playing the "Rest of the League". However, I don't think that there is enough money (sponsorship, league and Player assoc. fees) to make it realistic. It might be a good neutral venue game though.
LTF

The All-Stars game was tonight.

GC champs vs, CFL allstars, intreresting.

the "the Allstar" game is always when Winnipeg and Edmonton face off, BLUE vs. GREEN BABY!!! 8) they even have "E" and "W" which almost look like east and west.

Why not have an all star game just like that other league, in Hawaii and after the Grey Cup.

nah, the CFL isn't imperial like the NFL is.

FREE HAWAII!!!

KK how about Anchorage, Alaska?

FREE ALASKA TOO!!!! CANADA'S LOST PROVINCE!!!

but a CFL allstar game in Alask? that would be intreresting, expectly if Alaska had the stadium to do it with, but there aren't enough people in Alaska, methinks.

I have an idea. how about an all star game in my back yard without actual players, but instead me and my buddies east and west jerseys. there won't be an actual crowd or tv to show it. but I can post the results online.

In other words.....Lets not and say we did