CFL 100th anniversary: Looking for a photo taken in Kamloops

Whatever happened to my photo with the Grey Cup taken in Kamloops during the train tour?

I took it and left it in Winnipeg

1 Like

...when was the last time you saw it?

Check Lost and Found. Just kidding. Welcome to the party, Kenger

about a 100 years ago, give or take

...well, it must be somewhere, it just didn’t grow legs and walk away...

Maybe it did ... Covid side-effect

maybe it ended up in a Nazi vault somewhere yet to be found. South America maybe

More like in a bank vault in Switzerland

In-store tailgate party

As part of the Tour, RONA will host 14 in-store tailgate parties across the country, events where visitors can have their picture taken with the Grey Cup.

In British-Columbia, the Cup will be on display at the following RONA stores:

• RONA Grandview (Vancouver) on September 11, from 1 to 3 p.m.
    2727 East 12th Avenue
    *** RONA Kamloops on September 12, from 9 to 11 a.m.**
    416 Mt. Paul Way

Just in case your actually trying to obtain a photo that had a personal attachment with someone and the cup .

Not sure if you received a hard copy immediately like they do with the Purolator event with the tackle hunger event or had to down load the app from Rona to get a copy .

Rona ended it's league sponsorship 2013 .

I thought this was a place to contact CFL officials that should know the answer but obviously not as I am just getting responses from other fans. How do I get in touch with leadership of the league?

^^^^^^^
"I thought this was a place to contact CFL officials that should know the answer but obviously not as I am just getting responses from other fans. How do I get in touch with leadership of the league?"

ask
@Sully

@Kenger, could you provide more descriptive information about the photo you're looking for?

1 Like

It was taken @ Hillside Stadium in Kamloops BC . Me with the cup

...do you have a date this happened?

It's been over ten years but the CFL should know when the 100th Anniversary train was in Kamloops

[quote="RedandWhite, post:15, topic:69329"]

...do you have a date this happened?

[/quote1

Found this :

There will be autograph signing, photo opportunities, B.C. Lions merchandise, a football obstacle course and the Kamloops Broncos Skills Station during the Kamloops stop on Wednesday, Sept. 12, from 3 to 6 p.m. at Hillside Stadium.

While it won't arrive by train here, due to railway schedules, the Grey Cup will be transported by road.

Earlier in the day the cup was at Rona .

[
www.kamloopsnews.ca/news/city-region/grey-cup-tour-to-visit-kamloops-1.1233787 )

The Grey Cup is making its way around country by train and is set to stop in Kamloops next month.

"The Grey Cup really belongs to every Canadian, so our goal for this special year of the 100th Grey Cup game is to bring it to as many cities, towns and Canadians as we can," said Mark Cohon, commissioner of the Canadian Football League. "And thanks to our presenting partner RONA, we are doing it in a way that will make Canadians proud, and in a most Canadian way possible: by train."

The Grey Cup 100 Tour will make over 100 stops across Canada over 72 days, launching in Vancouver on Sept. 7 and ending in Toronto for the 100th Grey Cup festival and game on Nov. 25.

There will be autograph signing, photo opportunities, B.C. Lions merchandise, a football obstacle course and the Kamloops Broncos Skills Station during the Kamloops stop on Wednesday, Sept. 12, from 3 to 6 p.m. at Hillside Stadium.

While it won't arrive by train here, due to railway schedules, the Grey Cup will be transported by road.

Donated by then Governor General Earl Grey in 1909, the Grey Cup has, like Canada, emerged from two World Wars, a Depression, and countless challenges and triumphs.

"We are proud that the Grey Cup has for decades been the trophy awarded to the champions of our league," Cohon said. "We are prouder still that it has become something even bigger than our game. It is a symbol of Canadian unity, of our ability to compete and come together at the same time. The Grey Cup is special. It's ours. And it's time to celebrate it -- and Canada."

Dates and times and a full list of tour stops can be found at www.greycuptour.ca.

© Copyright 2018 Kamloops Daily News

...cool, thanks...interesting story, sully is about the only one who could help, hopefully he finds something out here for you...

So now we have confirmed when & where. Now, who would know where the pictures are?