CBC Drops Lions vs Alouettes game

Well, thats the curious thing. Management does labour jobs during strikes all the time (See Telus walkout currently going on) so I can’t figure out what “law” CBC is bailling out from.

Write the person who wrote the article.

He said it is because of B.C.'s Lbour laws.Read it.........YOURSELF. :smiley:

The CBC link say TSN wont pick up the Game.
I wonder what the BC law is that would stop them from showing it.
Oh well tomorrow I subcribe to RDS.

SHOULD WE ALL seperate???

Make sure that they will show it as well.

Can’t believe it. I don’t have cable, and for once the ALS were going to be in a meaningful game on non-cable TV.

I like what hellothere is saying. Let’s all separate at the condition that we all get free RDS.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seperate....Yes, The Cascadia party is alive and well out here on the paradise West Coast!

Hey I dont get free RDS in Quebec, why should you guys?
Actually next weeks game is only on RDS and I was going to subscribe then. Expressvu has a one month minimum so its really no big deal for me

I like Bell Expressvue...best change I've ever made!

I don't know about the rest of the country, but I do know that those in the Toronto-area who have Rogers can get RDS. The only catch is, you have to subscribe to their French channel digital cable package. I know of this because a few months ago, I was looking into getting RDS since they were the only Canadian outlet at the time who was showing TNA. (no more worries about that with this new deal with Spike)

seperate , from which provinces? Become your own country? or just join the U.S.? :lol:

Odd, because I believe the CBC operates under federal labour code, not provincial???

Yeah we should consider ourselves lucky Als_Molson. We are lucky to get RDS in Ottawa too! And it’s included in my Rogers basic package:)

.....phew!.....SaskTel Max has RDS as part of their Sports package.....I get to see the game after all.....disaster averted for this gal.....

Sorry Provincial Labor laws not federal. Each province has their own laws pertaining to their labor laws.

Yes it is apperantly official, despite earlier thinking about it, TSN wont pick up the game. Supposedly, they wanted Braley to drop the blackout and he said no. Plus, the Als-Lions tradionally draw poor ratings?

WHOA! TIMEOUT! now is NOT the time to breack u the Union of Canada, Let Canada say united!

But Cascadia would be a great new name for BC. :smiley:

Oh, come on, the whole country is going to blow up anyways. The Newfies are mad (I'm still not sure how even tho there was an article in the Herald detailing why they think they can get along without a billion dollars from the feds), Quebec is obviously just a matter of time, us Westerners are tired of not really being considered in the nation's business...... whether Alberta goes it alone, or some sort of conglomeration of the 4 western provinces..... Ontario can go back to being Upper Canada, or well..... just plain Canada all on it's own. (I can't remember my Gr. 12 Social, were they upper or lower Canada waaaay back when?)

It would make a mess of the CFL tho, not quite sure it's worth it. :slight_smile:

Upper

Let's not get off topic here. There are major prbolems here.

1. This kind of BS only happens to west coaster's and i don't know who says Montreal and BC don't draw huge ratings i'd like to review that.

2. This if the Lions win will move us 2nd all time behind Calgary's 1948 record and breaking Calgary's record from 1993 and Edmonton's from 1955. So most of canada is missing CFL history.

3. I am a huge lions fan and if there's 40,000 missing there, i'm gonna go down to vancouver and i'll solve this god dam labour dispute myself. I have lots of friends in Vancouver and if they don't televise this game these god dam CBC pieces of major are gonna.....RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa i'm major pissed

I was just hospitalized this week for tryin to commit suicide (i have proof), and if i don't see this game on TV (which i've been lookin forward to all week) i am not sur what i'm gonna do.

I think its time that the people rebel. We must rise up. This is an absolute joke, Vancouver always gets the raw deal, screw what Montreal and quebec thinks they think they have it so bad, its nothing compared to how shafted Vancouver gets in everything. Quebec and Ontario have say in everything because they're 2/3's of the population, if anyone should seperate it should be BC and Alberta.

This totally ruined my day, labour laws, a bunch of if you ask me

I hate this, i want this game televised. Or there's gonna be hell.