Cauz's Uniform Vault: Toronto Argonauts

For the Toronto Argonauts edition of my history of CFL uniforms series, I have decided to focus not on the uniform but rather on the best logo a CFL helmet ever did adorn.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2021/01/12/cauzs-uniform-vault-toronto-argonauts/

The logo from 1976 to 1988, in my mind, is the best look the Argos have ever had.

Not sure why the constant change.

1 Like

Cauz, the picture of the old Argo uniform playing against BC is Dave Thelen (assuming the ball carrier is #11). This is from 1966, game played at CNE.
I personnally prefered the 1964 Toronto logo, which is basically the same the new current logo, but it has more white then this one, and the ball has a better look in my opinion. I would scan it and send put not sure how to attach in this software.

I like the 1964 Argos helmet logo as well. I believe it was only used for one season. Toronto switched to a plain white helmet with no logo for 1965. I've had a tough time finding a really good scan of the '64 boat logo.

Yes this is the one I was referring to. I know it was used in 1964, which is what you have in the attached picture of Dick Shatto. I think this logo looks better than the one they chose to go with. But that is my opinion. Although many may not have seen this before. I have some pictures of just the logo (not on the helmet) and they have the phrase 'Let's All Pull Together'. Thanks for responding.
Talk finding a tough time finding certain logos on helmets, try the 1964 Ottawa Rough Riders. They started the season in August with one helmet logo, red and white 'RR' long, then switched the white 'R' in September for the next 26 years, changing in 1992. See attached, second row form the top on the left, is the RR in 1964, then the next helmet with the white R.