Cauz: Comparing the undefeated Bombers to the '05 Lions

There is a massive battle going on right now to capture the hearts and minds of CFL fans across the country.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2022/08/09/cauz-comparing-the-undefeated-bombers-to-the-05-lions/

It appears that the Bombers answer to
your question as to how they will respond to a game where an opponent scores more points, is simply to not let that happen, full garbage time games excepted. Their last loss that wasn’t a garbage time game was Game 3 of last season. I can’t even tell you when their last loss in an important game was, but it was definitely prior to 2019.

What do you define an important game? We were very average with Chris Streveler “the Leveler” as our QB 1.

1 Like

Good point. Why wouldnt any bomber fan not remeber losing to Calgary in the 2018 west final?

1 Like

Jon said pre 2019. That game happened in that time span. What I am saying is we lost quite a few regular season games during 2019. So is a meaningful game only a playoff game?

Since then the Bombers have been the best team in the CFL.

1 Like

[quote="Hometown_Fan, post:5, topic:79946"]

Jon said pre 2019. That game happened in that time span. What I am saying is we lost quite a few regular season games during 2019. So is a meaningful game only a playoff game?

Since then the Bombers have been the best team in the CFL.

[/quote] the bombers went 11-7 in 2019. 11-3 in 2021 and are 9-0 in 2022 so far. their last loss in 2019 was week 19 in Calgary. they avenged that loss in week 21 over the Stamps at home won two consecutive play-off games on the road followed by the Grey Cup. a week three loss in Toronto in 2021 was their last meaningful. loss. interpret that as you will. but those are facts. it has been an incredible stretch. the length that other fan bases are stooping to to denigrate it makes it all the more special. LOL

It's been Collaros.

Yes we had a good team, with leaders at each positional area. But Zach coming in just provided that extra step and we haven't looked back since.
26-1 in games he's played. Think about that for a second.....26-1. :crazy_face: