Cauz: Appreciating the greatness of the Bombers

There is such a wide range of motivations behind who you are rooting for in the Grey Cup.

The simplest is of course geography. If you spend much of your time complaining about traffic, I bet you’re cheering for the Toronto Argonauts, while if you days are spent convincing people that in fact there are many Canadian cities that get more snow than “we do,” I feel good guessing you’re currently wearing a retro Milt Stegall jersey.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2022/11/15/cauz-appreciating-the-greatness-of-the-bombers/
1 Like

Oh, Bomber fans (well, almost all of us!) do certainly apprectiate it.
Like all great things though, they come to an end. 1st one made my year, 2nd one was icing on the cake, if we can get this one too we go in the history books.
If not, hey it was 1 hell of a ride, and we'll be a top contender again next year!
I'd say good luck Toronto, but its the Grey Cup - they always have good luck there!

5 Likes

I do NOT embrace “the enemy of my enemy is my friend”, I'm a western chauvinist. If the Blue Bombers don't make it to the next Grey Cup I will root for another team that plays in a stadium with more than 30 000 seats and puts people in them. Some of the western teams may be harder to root for than others, but they at least aspire to draw more fans than eastern teams can accommodate.

5 Likes

If the Lions had won the western final I would be cheering for them in the Grey Cup.... being from the west I'll always cheer for the western team no matter who they are.

5 Likes

Unless a certain Chris Jones was melting down on the sideline, firing everyone around him.

Then even I am screaming GO ARGOs

3 Likes

Like I said, some are harder to cheer for than others. Think of the players though. They had little or nothing to say about who their coach is. Same goes for the fans.

1 Like

If the 2020 season wasn't cancelled due to Covid, the Bombers might already have had a 3-peat and be working on a 4-peat.

3 Likes

Great point. Fully agree.