Cats v. Arghblows Round 1 - Score Prediction Thread

Yep. 0-2 myself but can’t resist a prediction thread.

Ticat ALWAYS win on Labour Day when I’m there (and often when I’m not) I’ll be there on Monday!

TICATS WIN! - could be a close one though and maybe not high scoring - 24-20.

Lirim to the rescue again for a last second FG?

On the weather front - hoping that any rain or storm occurs BEFORE the game (sorry to the other activities (CJFL game/concert) taking place during the afternoon) and not during the game. Not that a late night matters too much as we’re staying downtown and only have to get up early enough Tuesday to get checked out of the hotel by noon! The joys of being retired!

Let it rain. Let it come down like no tomorrow! Cold rain too. With golf ball hail, fire and brimstone! Less comfortable the visitors, the better. And no, quite frankly, for those of you wondering… I’m not that much fun at parties!

It’s a little outdated but still great.

Black 25
Powder blew 16

Watched both the tribute to Hamilton fans and the tribute to Ivor Wynne Stadium. Actually made my eyes tear up a little. We should show that Hamilton fan clip before every game!! Thanks Oskie18.

Yeah, they should really update it using players from the current roster.

The Ivor Wynne tribute was great. It was a dump…but it was a pretty special place.

Great line. That’s something only a true Hamiltonian and Cat’s fan could understand. ;D

Been going there since the 50’s - couldn’t agree more.

Exactly! My first thought watching the clip was “It really was a dump … but it was OUR dump.? Still use a picture of the last game logo for my sign-in wall-paper. Had to have the best sight lines to watch a football game, not a bad seat in the house. Not counting comfort, of course. ;D

Love the donut box, but the wind seems crazy here; dont remember it being this bad at IW.

Is it possible that the field orientation at Civic Stadium had been specifically chosen based on how the wind comes down off the escarpment? If the south stands at Ivor Wynne often acted as a wind break, that might help explain some of the infamous swirling.

My loyalties-confused/challenged neighbour just called it at 28 - 10 Argos. I’m going closer to averages and trump his call at 28 - 21 Ti-Cats.

In late breaking news, Trestman will stare so hard at the back of the line judge’s head that he will suffer mild first degree burns! ;D

Speaking of referees, wonder if there will be a mysterious PI penalty against our defence.

Any word of we’re getting a fighter jet fly over??

It always ramps the crowd up I find, wish we got it more often!

Go Cats!!

I predict the Masoli haters will be silent for at least until next Saturday…

Silencing Masoli critics. Because it’s important.

I hope he just keeps staring down at his play sheet trying to figure out what to do next since nothing is working against our defence. :wink:

There are no Masoli haters on this board, some just wonder if Masoli can develop into a great qb, that can drive the team down the field and score when the game is on the line…or improve his TD-INT ratio to 2-1.

Every cat fan I know cheers for, and wishes Masoli the very best.

But there are a lot of self appointed experts on whats a good or bad fan/opinion. Masoli needs to do a lot more to be hated or loved. That’s why he’s mediocre!