Cats to sign 2 from UofH??

Ran into this bit of info. Cats are supposedly about to sign Brad Kalilimoku (LB) and Ryan Keomaka (CB) from the Rainbows.

[url=http://warriorbeat.honadvblogs.com/2008/05/05/the-road-to-success/]http://warriorbeat.honadvblogs.com/2008 ... o-success/[/url]

"Our friend Jon Nielsen reports that linebacker Brad Kalilimoku had a successful tryout with Hamilton of the Canadian Football League. Kalilimoku is expected to be offered a contract next week. Another Roosevelt graduate, cornerback Ryan Keomaka, also is expected to sign with Hamilton."

Keomaka might be a keeper. I found this piece on the internet. Plenty of vids and info on this guy on the internet actually.

An Argo-Cat fan

Keomaka’s quick feet may get him NFL shot
By Dave Reardon

In previous years, Ryan Keomaka would have spent this past weekend on the Big Island competing with his halau at the Merrie Monarch Festival, the Super Bowl of hula.

Instead, the former Hawaii football player is in Los Angeles, staying with his friend Bruno Hernandez and doing a dance of a different kind – with pro football scouts and agents.

If everything goes well, maybe Keomaka will become at least as well known as was Hernandez, Keomaka’s fellow Roosevelt High graduate who gained a measure of recognition 20 years ago as the world’s youngest Elvis Presley impersonator.

“He’s a Michael Jackson impersonator now,” quipped Keomaka, within earshot of Hernandez, who is now a singer living in Hollywood.

The entertainment industry (other than sports) could be in store for Keomaka, too, but pro football is a distinct possibility for the 5-foot-10, 180-pound speedster.

Keomaka just completed an up-and-down four years as a cornerback and special teams player for the Hawaii Warriors. He didn’t play much as a senior other than covering kicks, and it appeared he was on his way to a professional career in something other than football.

That all changed Tuesday in Carson, Calif., at UH’s pro timing day. More than 50 scouts and other pro football types saw Keomaka turn in what some called the best all-around performance of the event.

After running a 4.35-second 40-yard sprint, bench pressing 225 pounds 20 times and excelling in agility tests, Keomaka went from nowhere to a potential NFL free-agent signee, nearly as fast as he gets in the face of kickoff returners.

Scouts who saw his bench press performance said Keomaka’s reps were all good ones.

“Actually, I had a cramp in my back at 18, or I could’ve done 100,” said Keomaka, who then, as he often does, began to laugh.

But those who saw his act in Carson are serious about his potential.

“What he did is rare, such a good all-around workout,” said Jon Nielsen, a consultant who has helped place several UH players in the Canadian Football League. “We were thinking CFL for Ryan, but he definitely got the attention of NFL people.”

Keomaka’s agent, Archie Chaney, said he has fielded several inquiries, the most serious so far coming from the Oakland Raiders and New Orleans Saints.

“There was the speed, the strength for his size, and he was very good at change of direction, coming out of his breaks,” Chaney said. “He stayed low, and was able to move quickly. That’s one of the things they look for.”

The Saints tested Keomaka for speed again – on the Wonderlic intelligence quiz.

“That thing is random,” Keomaka said. “Sometimes it’s guessing. Everyone told me it’s better to guess than leave it blank. They give you 12 minutes to do 50 questions, and I finished, so I guess that’s good.”

Intelligence wasn’t Keomaka’s problem at UH. But he has to explain to his potential future bosses why a guy with his talent didn’t get on the field more often in college.

“I just tell them the truth, tell them that I got in academic trouble and on the coaches’ bad side. It’s kind of hard to explain when you’re starting as a sophomore and then not at all as a junior or senior,” said Keomaka, who added he is grateful that head coach June Jones and defensive backs coach Rich Miano gave him chances to redeem himself.“I was thankful to be on the team, when Coach let me back on. I got to be part of something special.”

Keomaka provided one of UH’s few bright moments in the Sugar Bowl, chasing down a Georgia return man to prevent yet another UGA touchdown in the Warriors’ 41-10 loss.

When it comes to the pro football job fair, Keomaka has someone to go to for advice. His brother-in-law is former UH slotback Chad Owens, who was drafted in the sixth round by the Jaguars in 2005.

“He just told me to be myself,” said Keomaka, who mostly worked out with Owens, fellow UH cornerback Myron Newberry and Nielsen to prepare for pro day.

“My goal was for everything, just go to the pro day and do well, work out for the NFL, Canada, or play arena. I just want to play football.”

Hula, and maybe Hollywood, will still be there when he’s done.

Good info barney, thanks.

Keomaka is impressive, check this out:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4atMKRxOwtk

Heres Kalilimoku's workout:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=03V2IkEz2wU

Did any WR From Rainbows Sign NFL FA Deal?
if not some have some Major Tallent
Could be a Great Find for us

I hope this story is true.

I just watched the YOUTUBE videos posted earlier in this thread. These two have great physical strength and impressive speed.

They could both be important pieces of the puzzle in Hamilton.

wow this would be nice. great videos

The new guy Tyrone Sanders signed today has been clocked at 4.31 from his TCU bio. He also played with Jason Goss in the back field.

He Also Played with Rookie Freshman QB Casey Printers and Chargers Running back LT.

TCU Won 1999 Mobile Bowl as Underdogs…
Beating Eastern Carolina and quarterback David Garrard of the Jacksonville Jaguars

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1999_GMAC_Bowl

The Stats let us know how Talent QB Casey was even just of High School

He was 13 of 19 1 TD 174 Yards Passing.