"Cats take ‘embarrassing’ loss to Eskimos'

Drew Edwards Sun Oct 03 2010

Cats take ‘embarrassing’ loss to Eskimos

[url=http://www.thespec.com/sports/article/264136--cats-take-embarrassing-loss-to-eskimos]http://www.thespec.com/sports/article/2 ... to-eskimos[/url]
Though the specifics of Ticat defensive co-ordinator Greg Marshall's postgame tirade were sketchy,

the cinder block walls of the dressing room couldn’t contain
the general sentiment: loud, profane and decidedly unpleasant.

The family-rated version was only mildly better.

“It was embarrassing, plain and simple,? Marshall said

after his unit was torched for 456 total yards,

including 384 through the air, in a 37-35 loss to Edmonton
on Sunday. “We flat out didn’t play. We didn’t play.?

"The frustration level is very high because we gave them 16 points on defensive penalties where were otherwise off the field,? Bellefeuille said.

“It’s undisciplined and I don’t coach that way.

We’re going to have to do something to change this."

“We'll find out what we're made out this week, OK?? Marshall said.

“As coaches and players if we’re willing to accept
that kind of performance we’re in wrong business.?

Im glad the coaches are giving it to they players.
One of my criticisms of Bellefeuille was that I didn't think he was doing this enough, I wanna see emotion from him on the sideline. Im not sure what changes they plan on making but I really think something needs to be done.

I really hope Bradley and Shivers are back this week.

makaveli: Maybe the players should be giving it to the coaches. Maybe they are frustrated with the poor play calling and overall lack of progress this season.
This team is becoming dysfunctional.

Let me start by saying that as a fan, I understand and share in your frustration. But, do the coaches really need to “give it” to the players?! These guys are professionals whose play ultimately dictates whether or not they will continue to play and therefore, get paid…They know when they are not playing up to the expected standards! I think that coaches, especially the head coach, need to be a calming presence on the sidelines in good times and bad to keep the players focused. IMO, those tirades do about as much good as hometown fans booing (Don’t get me started on how much that bothers me!) but again, I understand how frustration can get the best of us all at times! If anything, Bellefeuille has my respect for staying so calm while being under what has to be more pressure than any of us will ever face…I know I couldn’t do it! I don’t know either what changes need to be made, but I do think the team needs to stick together, stay positive and continue to work on getting better. If they do, I truly believe these experiences will make them stronger and better. And yes, Bradley and Shivers getting back should certainly help.

It’s hard to be patient because the team has been so very bad for far too long, but I think you’re right. One of the primary elements that has been missing for the past several years is continuity, and this is the first season in a while where we’ve had a semblance of some.

If we won the last two games, as we could have easily enough, we’d be 8-5 instead of 6-7.

But alas, coulda, woulda, shoulda doesn’t count for much, does it?

It’s hard to be patient because the team has been so very bad for far too long, but I think you’re right. One of the primary elements that has been missing for the past several years is continuity, and this is the first season in a while where we’ve had a semblance of some.

If we won the last two games, as we could have easily enough, we’d be 8-5 instead of 6-7.

But alas, coulda, woulda, shoulda doesn’t count for much, does it?[/quote]

It will when we start to win! :slight_smile:

Lack of imagination from the coaches is a big problem…Marshall just can’t get the defence up for the game…but we want them to be more aggressive but watch the coaches go nuts if they get penalized for it…it’s a fine line.

Our secondary is brutal and our D-Line gave Ray all day to pass. They deserve to be yelled at. We lose to Edmonton this Friday, and we may lose our playoff spot eventually. We needed this win, and our secondary, especially, mailed it in. Fred Stamps looked like he was uncovered all game.

Bo Smith still sucks, why was Hinds playing over Heyward? he looked totally lost...
Put Tisdale back at corner, put Shivers back in at DHB, replace Hinds with Heyward and all will be at least somewhat normal again.

:thup: :thup: :thup:

Less embarrassing, more heartbreaking I would call it. I've seen a LOT of embarrassing losses by the Cats in the past 5 years. This clearly was not one of them.