CATS RUN DEFENSE COMPARISON 1RST 5 GAMES TO LAST 5 GAMES!!

The Cats run defense has kept opponents under 100yds rushing in the last 5 games.The first 5 games of the season,saw them allow 100+yds in every contest.The improvement is remarkable since we hit game 6 of the season,if we can contain Cornish to under 100 yds tonight,we will win this game!!!

Heres a look at how much we've improved since the start of the season:

FIRST FIVE GAMES RUSHING YARDS ALLOWED PER GAME

@TOR..........121 Yards..........LOST.....39-34
EDM..........177 Yards..........LOST.....30-20
WNP..........144 Yards..........WON.....25-20
@SASK.........153 Yards..........LOST.....37-0
SASK.........145 Yards.........LOST.....32-20

WON.....1..LOST....4....740 Yds agst....avg per game...148 Yds

LAST FIVE GAMES RUSHING YARDS ALLOWED PER GAME

@EDM.........71 Yards............WON.....30-29
@WNP........71 Yards............WON.....37-18
WNP........94 Yards............WON.....37-14
@B.C..........65 Yards...........LOST.....29-26.
B.C..........32 Yards...........WON......37-29

WON.....4..LOST....1....333 Yds agst....avg per game...66.6 Yds

If we can keep Cornish contained and under 100 yds The Cats will run their string of games under in a row to a remarkable 6 games!!! The Cat "D" has improved by leaps and bounds this year compared to the start of the season,and are Light Years ahead of where it was in 2012.Kudos to D-Co-Ordinator Steinauer and the other D coaches
on a job well done :thup: :thup:

Great info ... Thanks Bobo ...

I agree 100%. Keep Cornish under 100 yards & Cats win. I think even if they keep him under 150 combined ... they still have a very good chance of winning. Big thing is his average yards per carry & reception ... If he's over 10 ... Not Good ... If it's under ... All good.

The only SLIGHT flaw that I see is that they kept Harris to 65 yds rushing in BC and lost by three. However Lulay is a more experienced QB and the D did have lapses that resulted in some big plays. Mitchell, while talented, does lack experience so that should work to our advantage for the defense which played much better last week.

I think that the Ticats CAN win but if we end up with a narrow loss as in BC, I won't e too disappointed. Just as long as it doesn't come down to a last minute FG in snow with the coach calling an unnecessary timeout! LOL! :lol: :smiley:

http://wpmedia.blogs.leaderpost.com/2012/10/cal1020-tr3g-e1350843467524.jpg

HOPEFULLY NO SNOW IN THE FORECAST IN CALGARY TO-NITE!!! :wink:

For what it's worth, last year in Calgary we held Cornish to just 27 yards on 13 carries. Torrey Davis was a beast against his former team, and that was with Dimitri Tsoumpas in the line-up for Calgary.

Defensively I see the Cats improving each game. The hustle for the ball carrier, tackle pretty good. Still give up some points on blown coverages, and still do not come up big when they have to. All in all it is good to see improvement.

Comparing the Ticats’ defence at the start of the year to the Ticats’ defence now is like comparing apples to… whatever the exact opposite of apples is.