Cats Physiologically Bipolar?

The Cats are so inconsistent it makes me doubt my sanity. (or increase my insanity)
How can a team be such a force one week, and such a bust the next?

I can’t tell if the Cats are contenders or just lucky to beat Toronto.

The only consistent performer on the team thus far this season is Medlock. This man the King of Kickers.
The rest of the team must be physiologically bipolar.

Are the Cats better than a .500 club, or am I just wishful thinking?

They are a .500 club. That is a fact. LOL

Oski Wee Wee,

Russ

It comes down to a Starting QB that has shown throughout his career that he is either HOT or Cold but when he is hot he is awesome......we have 8 left win 3 we are in the playoffs

TIME FOR PORTER he is ready and willing to get a big W ..... sit Glenn with a clip board and a kick in the a$$ :twisted:

Very true Russ…

In my delusional mind the team is 7 and 3, yet when I check stats they are just a .500 club.

Reality is such a cruel companion. :frowning:

Porter is ready? For what? He has a 28.1 QB rating. He has 0 Tds and 3 INTs this year. He cannot get to a second read without happy feet. He has never come within a sniff of a comeback as a backup and has not had an elite performance since his 5 TD passing performance against the Als in 2008. His last TD passing was to Dwight Anderson of the Als going the other way on Labour Day. Sorry, not buying.

[url=http://cfl.ca/statistics/league/stat/Passing/year/2011/type/reg]http://cfl.ca/statistics/league/stat/Pa ... 1/type/reg[/url]

Oski Wee Wee,

Russ

Hamilton is Bi-DIRECTIOAL because they take on step forward and one step backwards.Instead of repeating things that give them success like hand the ball off to Colbourne they try to play a pass dominated game.This will not work because Glen is not yet consistant,Glen will never be like Callvilo,Burris, or even Buck Pierce,just give him some action but not to much because he isn't at that level yet.

Glenn has been in this league for 10 years now…how long will it take before he gets to a consistent level?

Maybe its time for Glen to make a carreer change.

With Bakari Grant dropping every second ball to him, maybe he should. :wink: LOL

In the grand scheme of things, it is not the QB who is the problem, IMHO. We have a secondary with tackling issues. We have a coaching staff that is not primetime if you look at how the big dogs organize themselves week to week. We have tall guys who run routes and are better at catching colds than passes at key times. Take Williams and Stala out of the equation – which the Als did today – and you have a pretty big drop off in consistency…and I include Mo Mann in that analysis.

All Glenn has done is basically keep to another 5,000-yard pace passing. Yes, he HAS to win in the playoffs this year for this team to get to the next level. However, pinning the loss on Glenn solely today is giving the defensive coordinator, secondary, and the drops of the receivers a free pass. We sucked and Glenn’s less than stellar effort only got worse because this team was not prepared for the collective punch in the mouth from the Als the opening quarter.

To suggest that a NFL QB cut or Quinton Porter is going to magically change the course of things this season is not productive. Any change in course this team makes is going to have to be made starting in the offseason. It may be Bellefeuille having to hold the door open on his way out, but I digress.

Oski Wee Wee,

Russ

If you want an outsiders opinion, your team reminds me very much of the Roughriders teams from about 2003 to 2006. Loaded with talent and capable of beating anyone, but so inconsistent it was scary. I honestly think it's coaching, but that's just my opinion.

With Bakari Grant dropping every second ball to him, maybe he should. LOL

In the grand scheme of things, it is not the QB who is the problem, IMHO. We have a secondary with tackling issues. We have a coaching staff that is not primetime if you look at how the big dogs organize themselves week to week. We have tall guys who run routes and are better at catching colds than passes at key times. Take Williams and Stala out of the equation – which the Als did today – and you have a pretty big drop off in consistency…and I include Mo Mann in that analysis.

All Glenn has done is basically keep to another 5,000-yard pace passing. Yes, he HAS to win in the playoffs this year for this team to get to the next level. However, pinning the loss on Glenn solely today is giving the defensive coordinator, secondary, and the drops of the receivers a free pass. We sucked and Glenn’s less than stellar effort only got worse because this team was not prepared for the collective punch in the mouth from the Als the opening quarter.

To suggest that a NFL QB cut or Quinton Porter is going to magically change the course of things this season is not productive. Any change in course this team makes is going to have to be made starting in the offseason. It may be Bellefeuille having to hold the door open on his way out, but I digress.

Oski Wee Wee,

Russ

Well said. Not all Glenn’s fault. Our secondary is what is holding us back. The entire team played flat and the play calling was horrible. They just totally gave up on the run.

The gave up on the run today because the run was gong no where. Montreal had it shut down, Colborne was not hitting holes(were there any) and he was tripping over his own feet. The Cats were not prepared to play today. That was obvious from the get go. Just no game plan or decent preparation. Als made adjustments, Cats stuck with the status quo.

There was no ground game at all,when the cats beat the Als Colbourne had over 100 yrds and a TD.I think they are trying to make difficult passing plays work with an average QB.Lets be honest Glen will never be like Calvillo,Burris or Pierce,he is smaller,slower and his ability and skill caps off at an average level.The Cats have to distibute the ball to Colbourne,Thigpen and others besides Williams and Stala.The teams pass coverage and defense is inconsistant and I think there will be changes this week in the DB area and I also believe retiring people like Floyd and trading Bruce was foolish.If this year is an average failure I can also see coaching and management changes because of play choices and player selection.The team has to progress after big building decisions and not stay as fence dwellers like last years team and yet again finish with a .500 record. :smiley:

Agreed.

I thought the secondary was coming along, but yesterday was a step backwards.

I had been impressed with the play of Hinds and Young on the corners; yesterday, Young had a tough game.

At halfback, I had been impressed with Carlos Thomas, but like Young, he had a bad game yesterday.

Shivers at safety has always struck me as a weak link back there.

The shipwrecks probably played their best game of the season and it wasn’t enough against us on 08/13.

I think having Marcel the shell as our coach is 90% of the problem, I don’t think he has what it takes to get his players inspired, or focused to push them past .500 or a playoff game.

Medlock, easily our best player this year, when was the last time we had a kicker this dominant in kicking and punting? Ruoff? Maybe Osbaldiston in 98/99?

Please stop beating yourselves up. All the analysis in the world will not explain :? why this team is consistently inconsistent!
I was unable to see the game yesterday, but I said last week that we would get blown out this week because that is the way this team plays.
With the next 2 games against Edmonton and Calgary, we could be 5 & 7 or 6 & 6. Who knows. But watch out for the reborn Saskatchewan Roughriders as their schedule over the next 2 weeks will probably put them at 5 & 7.
So, a playoff position is not guaranteed because if this team doesn't get their act together and find the consitency they need each week the cross over may be in play and they could end up on the outside looking in!
So, ultimately the entire season is going to be on MB's shoulders to rally his troops or instead of his shoulders it will be his head at the end of the season.