Cats nominee predictions for league awards

The announcement should be out shortly for team nominees for the leagues year end awards . Here are my predictions for who I think our nominees will be this year in each category . If anybody has any different choices feel free to post them .

Outstanding Player......Tim White
Offensive Lineman......Brandon Revenberg
Canadian......................Tunde Adeleke
Defense........................Jovan Santos-Knox
Rookie..........................Seth Small
Specials........................Lawrence Woods

3 Likes

Small for Rookie and ST.
Nobody deserves to be the MOP candidate this year.

Ditto

Your journalistic integrity still at 100% seeing Timmy written in.

Mildly disappointing that Jovan has been our best defender this season.
I view him more a steady performer rather than a stand out.
I might be tempted to double nominate Tunde

3 Likes

A little quick there

Tim White MOP

1 Like

I have to admit that I struggled with the Small double nomination and honestly wouldn't be surprised if it turns out that way . He should be a shoe-in for our ROY nominee .

As for the MOP ? well....someone has to get the nod , and honestly I don't see anybody else on our roster that is worthy this season unfortunately .

In all honesty I really can't see any of our nominees this year being division finalists in any of the categories .

1 Like

We needn't worry, other than Small, we're not going to have anybody that can possibly win an award. Most of the awards will be won by players on above .500 teams.
We would barely be above .500 team if we won the next 5 games.

Small would have been the ROY, MOSTP, and MOP candidate if the brain trust had kept him as our kicker right out of training camp instead of the Domagala Experiment.

1 Like

Woods III ought to get serious consideration for the ST award. First in punt return yards, fourth in kickoff returns, and 9 special teams tackles. I’m not sure how often a top returner has generated meaningful stats on the coverage teams (if ever).

If he hadn’t missed those four games he might be the leading candidate.

3 Likes

Had Woods stayed healthy I think you could also make a case for him for either special teams or rookie. As it stands I’d put Small in for special teams and Woods for ROY. Hard to argue those other choices. Maybe Ciante Evans on defence?

1 Like

Here's how I see it turning out in the East for the MOP nominees for each team .

Hamilton.............Tim White -wr
Montreal.............Eugene Lewis - wr
Ottawa................Jaelon Acklin - wr
Toronto...............Three Names - qb

1 Like

Maybe Gittens jr for the Blows

I would put him at MOC.

1 Like

No I can't see it . For some unknown reason the league seems to have a love affair going on with the guy with three names . In fact I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the Cro-Magnon Man be the East division winner and finalist for the MOP award when the dust settles .

I agree with DCF on this one . The Curly Kitten guy will most likely get the nod for MOC for the Anchors this season and will also possibly be the division finalist in that category as well.

1 Like

I agree with all of these selections.

1 Like

Curly Kitten? Oh my, that’s very funny! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

found him

Looks like a tiger cat.

The anti Curley Kitten . :smile: :scream_cat:

Your starting Centre is not too shabby. :smiley: :+1:

1 Like

Well the ballots have all been counted and officially tabulated , so without further adieu here are your Ti-Cats 2022 team league award winners....

MOP..........Tim White - wr
MOC..........Tunde Adeleke - db
MOL.........Brandon Revenberg - g
MOR........Seth Small - k
MOS........Seth Small - k
MOD.......Jovan Santos-Knox - lb

Congrats to all the winners and good luck in the voting for selection for the East division finalists .

6 Likes