Cats FA's list is massive for 2022

Why do you think Watford, Laurent, Williams, and Banks will be gone? Of them all, I can really only see Teddy possibly retiring, and Banks has already said that he is willing to take a smaller (see what I did there) role on the team. Watford is an experienced QB who already knows the system, and I see no reason why Frankie would want to leave unless his post-concussion syndrome doesn't improve.

With Kalinic trying out for multiple teams, he may make it onto some type of NFL roster, and then we're down a CDN receiver/FB, so Ungerer III may be a priority, unless we want to go with Burt as our only CDN WR/FB.

You should have also put Jordan Murray on your list, as it looks like we need a new Left Tackle, because the team released him to persue an NFL shot.

Dropping Canadians like Bennett , Irons , Daly , and Ungerer would really hurt the special teams and team depth . Okafor was much improved in 2021 but his injury was season ending . Some or all of these players would be scooped up by Ottawa or Toronto . Teddy and Frankie need to stay in the Hammer , if healthy .
Addition by subtraction .

Pat Lynch (an old person)

2 Likes

Chris Frey
Brandon Banks
Frankie Williams

The others we can get by without.

Burt has to get healthy and start.

We need all the defense back IMO. I know that is not realistic. If our offense could have strung together some 4th quarter clock killing first downs ( Grey Cup Included) those few 4th quarter collapses would not have happened.
I think our defense was elite but was often on the field too long as our offense often sucked for most of the 4th quarters.

1 Like

We essentially had the 2nd best D in the league.

You're bang on about those drives not happening

We got it in the East Final. Didn't get it in the 2 home collapses, and of course in the Grey Cup.

3 Likes