Cats Extend Barker

http://thespec.com/News/BreakingNews/article/742455

Extension thorough 2012.

Great news.

Very good news! I think in the next 2-3 years Barker will be the most feared FS in the CFL. Loads of speed and hits like a sledge hammer.

Agree with Zenstate about what he can do at FS and he WILL start and own.Also, the kid's a special team's demon.Finished just shy of first place for special teams tackles in '09.I'd say as of now we have one of the best if not the best ST cover units in the CFL with Dylan Barker, Yannick Carter, Jerome Dennis, Ray Mariuz, Agustin Barrenechea, etc.

Looking for to the 2010 season!
GO CATS GO!

Great news! Well done Obie. :thup: :thup: :thup:

Pat Lynch (the old guy in section 7)

Great to see Dylan here threw 2012

Great news. So he's permantely starting now, right? I wonder what will happen 2 Sandy Beveridge??
locking up worthwhile draft picks is key 2 building up - especially when they are non-imports...

Would hate to see Beverage go but he is getting up there in age, Ticats would probably give up a late rounder and Sandy to get into the top 5 picks ,IMHO

Good to see Obie extend Barker thru 2012, he, will only get better with Experience :thup:

That would definitely be of value, i wonder what Sandy's contract is? The thing is Sandy's still good.He could maybe play defensive back along side Barker w/ sort of a "2 safety-look" defense you see in the NFL??I dunno, just thinking out loud - probably would make more sense 2 move him for something the team seriously lacks...

I would definitely prefer they extend Beverage as well :thup:

They did:

[url=http://www.ticats.ca/article/tiger-cats-ink-beveridge-carter]http://www.ticats.ca/article/tiger-cats ... dge-carter[/url]

Beveridge will probably revert to backup and ST with Barker taking over as the starting safety for this season, barring injury.

I would not be the least bit surprised to see Barrenechea released/cut before the season starts.

The guy who will replace BEVERIDGE and be BARKERS backup for years to come...and be a banger on special teams is already on the roster and would have made the team last year if not for another year of college eligibility.....his name is.........
Raymond WLADICHUK

This kid is gonna impress....Bank on that.

Go CATS!

agree 100% we should keep him
Sandy is great Special Teams Player and good in the Community
Plus he a great depth in cause Barker gose down

Good news. Barker should grow into a fine safety in this league. Hopefully, his reign will last beyond 2012.

On a side note, all of these contract extensions end in 2012. Is Obie superstitious?

No doubt Wladichuk was impressive last year in TC and pre-season, but i can't see him taking Barker's job in the next couple years, will likely be a solid backup and great special teams player.

Finished first with 37, two ahead of Jason Arakgi

correct

Baring injuries this player could have a big year. :thup:

This year Dylan is going to show the CFL he’s ready stake a claim. :thup: