Cats cut Jason Armstead

I was always concerned with armsteads size, 5'10 160 lbs..

I don't mind this move b/c i like the size and speed of Obie's recruits.

Why not look at this as a good thing....They must really like the looks of these recievers they are bringing in. How many star recievers in the CFL had you heard of before they got here. Let's at least start training camp before all you Doom and Gloomers pipe off.

it's not like we cut Geroy Simon, we cut Jason Armstead. he was never anything more than a #2. I am confident in the weapons we have now.

I’m not confident at all! Even before Jason and Frank were let go. I hate how we have all these young guys here again this year. They really didn’t work out for us last year. Vets are something that you need. I hope Jesse runs for 3,000 yrds this year!

We are so quick to attack our receivers. Does anyone think that maybe our pathetic quarterbacking over the past three years played a role in how bad our receivers appeared to be. Seems to me that when they leave the Cats they do quite well. It was a miracle for Maas to hit a receiver in the hands and when he did they were so surprised they dropped it. A good QB can make a receiver look good just as a good receiver makes a QB look good. And, I think a bad QB makes good receivers look pathetic. Let's hope this is the end of Cats getting rid of good receivers through no fault of their own.

you say it is due to bad quarter backing, i honestly think the problem all along has been a poor o-line. this year that should be improved, along with the QB situation, and reveivers.

What exactly did Armstead prove last year?

He proved he ain’t worth big money.

He won’t be missed.

exactly.
armstead was good in ottawa and sask, yet comes to hamilton and was average...but the best player on the ticats offence was average.

i woulda liked miles and armstead at #1 and #2 spots, then use your new prospects at #3 and #4 spots...and if one or both prospects sticks and u wanna cut armstead at game 5, then do it.

but i dont like goin into the season with only 1 proven guy, whos been injured the last 2 years....thats putting ALL your eggs in 1 basket.

Exactly. This just in That Casey Printers guy is good.

This isn’t Madden football you know. There are wide recievers and slotbacks and different guys are used in different formations…
Armstead has lost a step he was, he was a “me” guy and he wanted out. Don’t let the door hit you on the a$$…

Let’s see what Printers and these young guys can do with a full training camp.

I'm not a fan of this move at all. Remember last season how our receivers were atrocious? We seem to have gotten rid of any receivers with any experience or talent. (Thus making our receiving core worse than it was!)

I don't see how this makes our team any better. We're taking our chances on totally unknown players who've probably never set foot on a Canadian football field before.

In recent seasons we've learned the hard way that having too many young players leads to lots of mistakes. These mistakes translate into extreme difficulty in executing the game plan. And many, many losses follow.

I have all the faith in the world in Casey Printers, but he needs some weapons to throw to. Ask him how he liked his time in KC working with the practice squad receivers.

I could see this getting ugly this year. Again.

Maybe he hopes to catch on with another team and have HIS chance to go up against our dbs.

It's not like we had young recievers in the past. Not much more than a year ago we had Flick, Yeast, Vaughn, Morealle, Peterson & Ralph. Looked good on paper. We all know the results. Did anyone know who Earl Winfield or Tony Champion were before they got here. NO.
Let's see what these kids can do. You only have to find a couple good ones to go with this running game and QB and look out.

Once again...YEE OF LITTLE FAITH. Training camp hasn't even started.

im sure noone knew who winfield or champion were when they first arrived, but they probably didnt play thier first season in the CFL with an all-rookie receiving corps either.

most superstars start out playing with veterans, then over time they emerge as stars…much like geroy simon and arland bruce first started playing with the living-legend that is milt steggal.

You act like Armstead is going to make or break this season. The team hasn’t even hit camp yet – Armstead might even end up resigning or some decent receivers will get cut from other teams.

i think all we can do on this situation is refer to your username.

I never liked it when players had a good year and wanted to renegotiate for more money right away regardless of the contract. I dont like when a team asks a player to renegotiate after he has an off year also. I guess contracts just arent worth the paper they are printed on anymore whether its players or gms. Its hard to judge anyone on last years recieving team with the way it went. I hate it when it comes down to money and we lose starting veterans over it but at least they admit it now. If they saved 150k on this then I look for them aquiring a big name reciever to fill the hole. Thats what they cost and if we wont pay armstead that then the question is will we pay anyone that? if we wont then we wont get one and will hope for a rookie to step up big but then he will be gone.........cus he will want more money that we wont give him. The cats seem reluctant to pay the going rate.

I always thought he was too small. Not his height but his weight. He is only 165. Miles is certainly not a big guy either but even he is 10-15 pounds heavier and is an inch shorter. From the years that I played highschool and college ball I would say 180 is pretty much a bare minimum weight for a sport thats as brutal as football.

He has talent but his size and lack of production in Hamilton last year makes him expendable with his pay. You can be sure Miles signed for less than Armstead was currently under contract to make this year. I think Armstead was getting 150 a year from the Sask. contract that we adopted in the trade for Holmes.

We could have seen what he was like this year and dumped him later on after a few games if he didnt show anything special. Could be they were afraid he might produce.........and then they would have to keep him and sign him next february or lose him to someone for more money. I am sure the blackberrys and cell phones were texting away today around the league talking about the cats dumping another player under contract to save money. Its gonna get harder and harder to get players to come here. I hope printers takes note cus one off year and its time to renegotiate his deal too. I just hate it and maybe we will find a young talented reciever but maybe we wont. They should have honored his contract and let him show what he can do for a few games but a little birdie says.........cheap cheap.

As much as I liked Jason on a personal level I'm not going to complain about this move.

I'd just bet that O'bie tried to trade him after the negotiations failed...but no takers.

I'll also bet that O'bie is working on a trade to get us a Go-To guy...Freeing up some money to pay such a person.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see Geroy Simon re-united with a certain QB that is familiar with his play :wink:

I'm looking forward to some creative trades by O'bie. We've got a lot of time before our first game. I'm looking forward to the season.

Good Luck to Jason...I think he will get picked up by someone quickly, but he may have to re-evaluate his asking price!