Cats Announce a Special Meeting - Opinions?

Although this announcement was buried in the Seating Implications thread, it may deserve a life of its own.

Scott has apprently been authorized to annound a special meeting for forum types.

[i]
Re: Attn Season Ticket Holders - 2013 renewal implications

New postby scottmcn » 30 Nov, 2012 - 16:15
We’d like to invite any season seat holders on the forum to discuss the 2013/14 renewal process at a ‘town-hall style’ meeting at the Tiger-Cats business office (1 Jarvis Street in Hamilton) next Wednesday, December 5 at 6 p.m.

Please note that space for this event is limited. First come first served. If you’d like to attend this event, please RSVP with Mike Hardill (mhardill@ticats.ca) by 5 p.m. on Monday, December 3.

Thanks[/i]

Somebody at the office is clearly holding the bag for what's happened. It may be at the top or it may be lower-tier marketing people but after-the-fact special meetings are clearly indicative of the team feeling some pressure. Now it would be nice for the team to say if this is an actual discussion meeting or one of those "here's what we're doing and here's why you should like it" meetings. I won't predict this. Also, I can't drive to Hamilton in time for the meeting.

Is there anyone going who could live-blog it for the rest of us? ("Not tweets please", he said hopefully.)

What's to discuss?

Drop the tier 2 tag that insults long time loyal supporters (regardless of available seats)

Secondarily, drop the facility fee. It's an increase anyway you put it and regardless of the amount it's a further insult, at least to me, to have me pay for the Tiger-Cats' and city's failures.

Fans are already "giving extra" by driving out of town, and paying the same prices (in this case more) for a vastly inferior venue, again, all because of the Tiger-Cats' and city's failiures.

Reward 2013 STHs in manner that does not affect/insult long time loyal supporters.

I get the feeling this "town hall meeting" is going to be a wash and is going to be more of an information session on how this renewal policy is going to go down then a meeting where the fans will be giving input that will be honestly considered. However if the team wants to clarify which will be the case, it couldn't hurt.

Ill be there! :rockin:

If anyone thinks that this "town hall" meeting will change anything. You're dreaming. It's all about trying to seem like they give a damn. I think that if they eliminated the Tier 1/Tier 2 stupidity, all other issues would clear themselves. BUT they are trying to scare us into purchasing for 2013. I find it hard to believe 10,000 have renewed in a few days. More Mitchell BS.

If seating is limited, then why not stream it live and have an option to ask questions. Not new technology and could easily be done.

BUT YOU ALL KNOW NOTHING WILL CHANGE. MITCHELL IS TO PROUD TO ADMIT THEY SCREWED UP AND WILL STICK TO THIS PATHETIC PLAN OF TIER 1 AND TIER 2.

CaptainKirk wrote:

[b]"What's to discuss?

Drop the tier 2 tag that insults long time loyal supporters (regardless of available seats)

Secondarily, drop the facility fee. It's an increase anyway you put it and regardless of the amount it's a further insult, at least to me, to have me pay for the Tiger-Cats' and city's failures.

Fans are already "giving extra" by driving out of town, and paying the same prices (in this case more) for a vastly inferior venue, again, all because of the Tiger-Cats' and city's failiures.

Reward 2013 STHs in manner that does not affect/insult long time loyal supporters."[/b]

I totally agree. Well said, sir.

Unfortunately, this meeting will likely only be to clarify and explain their policy. Not very likely that anything will change, particularly for the betterment of the customer.

The Toronto Maple Leafs went through the same seating fiasco when the went from MLG to ACC.
The Corporations won the day then with preference.

Why do we have to attend any special meeting to have concerns addressed, my concerns were addressed by a ticket rep, I lost out to new seasons ticket holders, end of story.
I'm bugged about but I'm not about to take time off work to attend a meeting designed to soothe me or convince me row 20 is just as good as row 1. I made my calls, asked my questions and they were answered, now it just looks like the team is looking to adjust that answer or even explain it better but I'm not so thick that I didn't get it the first time.
Even though I've sat there longer than the person explaining it to me has been alive, I have to wait until others have chosen their seats before I'm shown a seating plan. I get it.

Let's look at it from this angle. If they were palying at Mac, a vastly inferior venue, would you be complaining about ticket prices? A facility fee would probably be needed there as well for extra seating, would you be willing to pay that at Mac?
Probably yes and no. How would the long drive to London suit people? Who knows what arrangement the team made with Guelph anyway. I'm not saying I support the policy in place now, but I think the team done the best they could under the circumstances.

Sure, this little get-together will probably amount to clarifying a few points as opposed to changing the overall policy, and, whether anything will change is doubtful, but just to show up and show we are serious about the entire issue, is, in my opinion, worthwhile.

The stadium site selection farce is still a bone of contention, and sure, it was screwed up but we're stuck with what we have and will just have to deal with it.

Let's hope that the fans on here that were moaning and complaining actually step up and go and bring their complaints to the Ticat organization themselves. You have your opportunity to go, if you don't go and bring your concerns to the Ticats then stop your complaining on here!!!

HERE, HERE :thup: :thup:

This is perfect.

Thing is, it's just not one single thing here or there. There are these continual botched decisions that just keep adding up.
Failed stadium negotiatations with the city.
Failed stadium location choice - "CFL not viable at IWS location, reason for losses of millions upon millions, yadda, yadda, yadda, that leads to a screwed 2103 season
Failed stadium negotiations with Mac
Repeated on field failures - in past 9 seasons, no winning seasons, 5 dead last finishes
U of G selection, out of town and piss poor venue
Expecting same prices for that, and adding a fee to pay for their failures.
Threat to increase 2013 prices by not meeting deadline
Insult to long time loyal fans by creating a second tier status for them when it was completely unnecessary

And to be clear, I'm not upset. Such things don't upset me. I'm not trying to convince anybody of anything. I'm just expressing my own views, and if they're in the minority and doesn't affect the team, then cool, good for them. If people are ok with all this fine, if not, that's fine too.

... but just to show up and show we are serious about the entire issue, is, in my opinion, worthwhile.
Respectfully disagree. I think it's waste of my time. I've heard what they've said, loud and clear. Also, actions speak louder than words.

Why does anyone have to go to a meeting to have their concerns addressed? Is there something that can be said there that can't be said here?
I had questions, they've been answered.

No, you won't be given a first priority choice on seating in 2014 if you don't purchase all your seats in Guelph.

Yes, the person that bought seasons in 2012 and does so again in 2013 will be given a higher, and first priority choice over me.

Yes, I am being asked to purchase all my seats for Guelph to retain my place in line even though not all games will be played in Guelph.

I even got a 'I can't say for sure' to the question, will a refund of requested be given in real, pulled from a till money, or will it be offered only as a discount on future seasons like the play-off refund offer?

I asked very precise and direct questions, and for the most was given very precise direct answers, why would asking them again at any meeting get me a different response? Does anyone, other than a two year old, believe that just repeating the same question over and over will bring a different response? If a solution to the tier complaints has been found just tell us.

Some of the things said in this thread are ridiculous. Complaining about a $5 fee per game so that you can have a decent facility to watch a game, is absurd. I'm sure if they didn't add any facilities you'd all be complaining about it and how they should have raised prices to cover costs.

Disagree. if you're ok with paying for their mistake (one of many) then great.

I'm not.

Your not going to get answers anyway. Your going to get grey language like We are trying, we are thinking, we are hoping because they don't have answers and/or are possibly negotiating, trying to get free money (IE tax payers ACOA, municipal, league handouts) and sponsors. All this is for is changing optics on themselves and try to get a small group of minions to go out there and take up the swords LOL !

Bottom line is they should have had these contracts done or held off on selling tickets to facilities they have no contracts in place yet.

Reading this comment about the article posted afterwards I think is poignant:

Social media has just opened up the customer complaint and customer service channel to the public, allowing for much more immediate responses from consumers (and then companies.) These decisions mostly show poor corporate awareness up front if it takes a visible show of hands from customers to reverse a policy change.

Article:

How Twitter Made Business Decisions For Companies In 2011

"Verizon wasn’t the only company to change its mind about charging customers fees after customers took to social media to protest the change."

"Social media has changed the way companies and customers interact, and often David ends up taking Goliath down. 2011 was a year of companies igniting social media firestorms and then putting them out by changing their tone – will 2012 continue the trend?"

[url=http://www.forbes.com/sites/chrisbarth/2011/12/31/how-twitter-made-business-decisions-for-companies-in-2011/]http://www.forbes.com/sites/chrisbarth/ ... s-in-2011/[/url]

Some people like technology only when its to their benefit :wink:

Having a meeting prior to policy implementation, otherwise known as focus groups, may have prevented what is happening now with how people feel.

[url=http://www.peopleandparticipation.net/display/Methods/Focus+Groups]http://www.peopleandparticipation.net/d ... cus+Groups[/url]

At any rate, a special meeting regardless is a very good sign I will say.

And true enough Hf.