Cats add 4 N/I's

[url=http://ticats.ca/article/ticats-strengthen-canadian-content]http://ticats.ca/article/ticats-strengt ... an-content[/url]

Hamilton, Ontario – The Hamilton Tiger-Cats announced today that the team has added four Canadian players; defensive end Yahia Dalloul, offensive lineman Cody Husband, linebacker Nathan Kanya and receiver Rory Kohlert.

Dalloul, a 6-3, 260-pound native of Palestine, attended training camp with the Ticats 2010 and was among the team’s final cuts. He played five seasons at St. Francis Xavier, making 107.5 defensive tackles, 7.5 quarterback sacks and 18.5 tackles for a loss.

Husband, a 6-7, 307-pound native of New Westminster, B.C, returned to UBC for his fifth and final season of CIS eligibility in 2010 after taking part in training camp with the Ticats.

Kanya, a 6-2, 210-pound native of Congo, joins the Ticats after five seasons at UBC. During his tenure as a Thunderbird, Kanya recorded 120 tackles (97 solo), 16 tackles for a loss, eight quarterback sacks and three fumble recoveries.

Kohlert, a 6-2, 182-pound native of Regina, Saskatchewan, spent five years at Saskatchewan. In 2010, Kohlert caught 37 passes for 461 yards.

“We look forward to seeing Yahia, Cody, Nathan and Rory compete in training camp. Each player will provide solid Canadian depth at their positions,? said General Manager Bob O’Billovich.

I liked what I saw out of Dalloul in the exhibition game against Winnipeg last year. Glad to see him back :thup:

Signing some of the player from out west has some concern connected with them, these boys often get homesick and what to return home to the farm in their prime playing years.....At least that's the excuse they use to get out of the Hammer :roll:

I like that two late cuts from last year who spent the year completing university are coming back to camp.

Dalloul could be good to have back, in particular if Kirk will be a starting DT now that McIntyre is gone. In any case, bringing Dalloul back could make up for the loss of Reid.

It is good to get some NI talent back in the lineup. I was wondering if we'd bring in a non-import receiver. Other than Stala, there is a lack NI talent there. Will we hear about Nicolson re-signing here soon?

And yes, it's good to have two of the last NI players to be cut last year back in the lineup.

And Kanya was already mentioned in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=64623

Here is a good and interesting article on him: http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/star ... story.html

So it looks like our roster has another graduate of Cathedral High School who refuses to let injuries keep him from playing this game.

Good prospective player management by OB -- getting Husband to agree to being "suspended" and Neg-listing Kanya and Kohert, both of whom would likely have been taken in the 2010 CFL Draft had they not been seriously injured at the time -- thus protecting all three from other teams.

Thanks Mr. Positive

Don't mention it Mr. Naive

If you two opened a restaurant it could be called Positively Naive. I wonder what your menu would look like.

Frighteningly, it looks like catfish fried in diesel oil. Yum.

Looks like a natural at the HALF-back position. :cowboy: