Cato and Carter at it again

Carter didn’t initiate this conflict. It was between Cato and Stafford. Carter got caught up in as the third party.

I would honestly cut Kenny Stafford right now and dress the next man up for the Hamilton game.

Two thoughts:

1. Strange how confrontation follows Carter around. The poor guy is just trying to do his job and he keeps getting jumped by malevolent coaches on the sidelines, or randomly attacked by his own teammates.

2. A team in turmoil could normally expect the situation to affect them in their next game. However, since their next game is against the Tiger-Cats, somehow the turmoil will end up working in Montreal's advantage and spur the players on to their best performance of the year.

That’s a strawman argument that nobody is making. As if anyone would suggest Carter got “jumped” by Campbell. When you post, try not to grossly misrepresent the viewpoints of others in order to make your argument look better or stronger. What you’re doing is transparently obvious.

Carter creates his fair share of controversy, but in this case, it was his COUSIN getting into an altercation with the starting QB. He wasn’t actually in it, really, and Cato looked to have been taking out his ire on both of them. You see your cousin getting into a fight and you’ll likely try to get involved. How on earth is that strange or unusual?

Impossible to know without knowing what Stafford and Carter did. Did they mess with his belongings ? Was it words ? Who knows. They did something…

Is Carter’s daddy going to show up and ask his son and nephew if they want to be pro’s ?

Cato knows by now how difficult it is to establish yourself as a pro QB on any team and he’s taking this very seriously.

One thing is for sure, these players have seen so many QB’s come in and out of that locker room over the last few years, they don’t even respect the position anymore, add Crompton right next to it all and you see how messed up this team is. Start by cutting the head of the fish.

Impossible to know without knowing what Stafford and Carter did. Did they mess with his belongings ? Was it words ? Who knows. They did something…

Is Carter’s daddy going to show up and ask his son and nephew if they want to be pro’s ?

Cato knows by now how difficult it is to establish yourself as a pro QB on any team and he’s taking this very seriously.

One thing is for sure, these players have seen so many QB’s come in and out of that locker room over the last few years, they don’t even respect the position anymore, add Crompton right next to it all and you see how messed up this team is. Start by cutting the head of the fish.

To those of us with the other viewpoint, some of the arguments made in defence of Carter at the time sounded nearly as absurd as what I just wrote. It was mind-boggling how far people would go to defend a player who blatantly knocked down a coach.

The evitable subsequent altercations involving Carter - along with the inevitable lack of altercations involving Campbell - will continue to reinforce some of the anti-Carter arguments.

I’m with Carter. About time someone is honest about what needs to be done - an effort to calm things down 8)

[i]Oh geez... :roll:

Please Duron Carter, do not ever do this:[/i]

[url=http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/officials-flag-antonio-brown-for-sexually-suggestive-td-celebration/]http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/offic ... lebration/[/url]

Too bad the Als don't have Sam around anymore, he's good at diffusing altercations...

This is my take on it too. In training camp we see outright fistfights break out and people just shrug it off because that happens in training camp. This team is not having a good season. Tempers will get frayed and stuff will happen. Deal with it, and move on.

Popp’s lack of discipline is the bigger problem, as it tends to lead to incidents like this breaking out when the coach doesn’t have control of the situation.

Carter? I don’t like the guy in the slightest, but I don’t see why he’s getting blamed here. He didn’t do anything.

Agreed on all fronts. Popp has no ability to enforce discipline. Montreal reporters are getting anonymous sources telling them that he is “disorganized” and “unpredictable,” and so practices reflect those qualities. When you have a pointy-haired boss at the controls, this is what results.

Carter? I don't like the guy in the slightest, but I don't see why he's getting blamed here. He didn't do anything.
Thank you. Talk about giving a dog a bad name. You may like Carter, or dislike him -- Lord knows I frequently wish he'd keep his mouth shut and just play ball. But he had very little to do with this fracas. He stepped in because his idiot cousin got into it with Cato.

Herb Zurkowsky
?@HerbZurkowsky1
That's Anthony Calvillo and Rakeem Cato sitting away from receivers at #Als' practice today.

The day after on the smash hit CFL Soap Opera " As the Al's Turn "...........Stayed tuned for next weeks episode when Duron and cousin Kenny take Rakeem Cato out for ice cream and a pony ride. :cowboy:

http://3downnation.com/2016/09/14/a-day/

It appears teh coaches are losing control over this team Jim Popp should be move back into the GM chair and staple his ass to the chair. This is turning into a zoo. I understand practices do get heated from time to time but this is out right hatred between these three players. Carter is the guy that is destroying that locker room and bet on it if they turf him he will not get employment anywhere in this league unless Jones is stupid enough!

From the article:
[b]“We don’t have to like each other but we have to respect each other,? he said. “If those guys want me to throw them 100 balls after practice, I will.

“I’m not going to duck my reads. I’m not going to do anything outrageous or crazy and not give those guys the ball. But off the field, I’m going home. That’s just how it is.?

One issue appears to be a perception of selfishness from some players. During the incident, Cato was heard to say “that’s why we’re 3-8 and why we’re going to be 3-9.?

“You listen good,? he said when asked about that comment.

Then, without naming Carter but perhaps referring to the gifted son of former NFL star Cris Carter, he added: “It’s a respect factor _ no one is bigger than the program. I’ve been on high school and state championship teams and, during that process, not one man was bigger than the program. If you have guys bigger than the program you’re going to see results like we have now. You can win a couple of games on talent, but you’re not going to be a championship team. That was my point.?

Asked if there were too much “I? and not enough “we? on the Alouettes, Cato said “Yes. Not too many. Just a few.?

Carter, the Alouettes top receiver, was surprised at Cato’s outburst but believes the young quarterback will get over it.

“It’s not a respect thing,? he said. “I always gained my respect through play.

“He was put in a bad position to begin with, with Kevin being traded and everything, so he’s probably got a chip on his shoulder. It might be a bit misguided but that’s what we’re here for as a team.?[/b]

Sounds like what everyone has always speculated about Carter, is exactly how Cato feels about him too. Carter thinks he is Mr. Superstar and on 3-8 team that is going to rub a lot of people the wrong way.

“I always gained my respect through play.”

I think says it all, basically what I take that to mean is I am one of the best in the league, so you must respect me. You can earn a lot of respect with your actions off the field as well but I think Carter has failed to realize this is in life which is why he has bounced from team to team throughout his career.

Yes it appears he is running out of options right now the other teams in this league see a cancer named Carter and he better not just rely on his talent as that is not good enough to give the respect he seeks. You want respect act like a professional on and off the field. Fighting with team mates only make the guy look like a clown. If in fact the Als part with this clown I can think of only one GM that would take on his ego and that would bea guy with an even bigger ego! Other than that Carter is destined for Arena football!

Nonsense. Carter is an elite talent at receiver and would be picked up in no time by any other team in the CFL. By the way, he's only ever played in this league for the Montreal Alouettes. But nice try with the character assassination.

Any bets that if the Alouettes decided tomorrow to cut Carter loose that not one other team would touch this pampered toxic spoiled self absorbed entitled brat with a ten foot pole ? Well maybe Corky would think about it but as for the other 7 teams and their GMs ? NOT A HOPE IN HELL !!! As for Stafford , he could be cut tomorrow and no one would even notice he was gone and he certainly wouldn't be missed. The Alouettes will continue to be a very fragile shell of what they used to be until somebody grows some balls in that inept organisation and starts cleaning up this mess of a team and the first place to start would be saying goodbye to the " Toxic Twins " and the second thing would be taking the keys away from the inept bumbling zoo keeper that thinks he's a wannabe head coach of this travelling side show masquerading as a pro football team.

Two words come to mind when you think Carter and Stafford........and those two words are ASS and HOLES.

Okay rant over.........I await the rebuttals telling me I'm wrong on all this and that all is well in Montreal these days when it comes to their football team :cowboy:

He’d find work somewhere else in the league no doubt, I see his career being the equivalent of the CFL Terrell Owens. I do think there are a few teams who wouldn’t touch him, but there will always be somebody to take a shot on him he is just to talented.

While he only played for the Als in the CFL, he did attend four different universities in four years which you must admit is very strange and a red flag. Dude could have played four years at Ohio State but got suspended, then could have spent at least a season playing for Bama after a redshirt year under Saban but decided to bolt to Florida Atlantic because he was not eligible to play and then was also deemed ineligible there as well. Also don’t forget he played 2 years for the Als…and then left for the NFL, and now has come back and who knows how long he stays this time he could leave again for the NFL or a CFL team.

Those four years were all about him trying to get on the field and play, and also about him not doing what he had to off the field which led to his exit at Ohio State. I can respect somebody who looks out for himself number one, I understand the philosophy, but personally talented or not I wouldn’t have that type of guy on my football team.

I’ll take that bet right now. If Carter gets cut, he finds work again this season. No doubt. Quite a few teams could use another quality receiver, and this type of stuff would be kept well in hand by a team with a stronger coach.