Cates' endzone dance unnecessary....

Maybe it was Kelly's boyfriend ? :x

Anyway he was arrested, so we should hear more about it... 8)

Can't wait for Cates to do his dance when they do the same thing to the Stamps! give me a break! Cates did nothing wrong, I sense a nervous Calgary Stampeder fan :roll:

First red complains about Mike Mauer's "injury." Now he's complaining about Wes Cates' TD celebration. What's really going on, red? :stuck_out_tongue:

...just pointing out things that cause a burr under my saddle, seems I have a propensity to strike a sensitive chord, y'all have to excuse me for that....nervous riderfan23? pfft, nah, and heres hoping you wont' mind when Reynolds returns the favour, 'ceptin that's not his nature now is it...

I thought the dance was unnecessary given the score but it wasn't over the top like some other players.

It was his third of the game, so he's entitled to a little excitement.

I missed it,i'll have to check the pvr,must have happened when I switched from wearing the paper bag on my head with the eye holes cut out,to the one without them :wink: The worst part i wasnt at the game,i was sitting in my basement by myself. :lol:

Yeah and then he got booted out and the whole section was cheering security/police haha.

No problem with the dance who cares how bad they're beating us, in fact that makes it even better i think a lil slap to Winnipegs face, just what it needs.

You just see Nick Lewis celebrating after getting first downs.....The stamps are the kings of cheezy useless dances in the CFL.....

Cates is celebrating his 3rd td....nothing wrong with that......at least the riders didn't run up the score like they could have...

...name a cheezy dance that you have seen lately....you can't, 'cause they don't do that crap anymore, so nice try making past errors current Herm....look at Copeland's one handed backwards TD catch last week, any stupid dance after that play-of-the-week?...nope...take a bow, get on with the game....

....funny how some rider fans who were so critical (and rightly so) of past stampeder celebratory atrocities can't stomach the fact that one of their own is being called out for an unnecessary celebration...dish it out, can't take it syndrome...and that a stampeder fan begins the thread, oh for shame, let's use that excuse to point out what goofiness HIS team did in the past, lame gentlemen, lame....not even close to what the thread was about....

...anyway, I've made my point, I thought it was unnecessary, I respect that fact some of you thought it was within the bounds of reasonable celebration, that is good debate...

And you think that Lewis celebrating after getting first downs is ok ???

…did you see anywhere that I said I did?..don’t play me up to be some kind of idiot Herm, like I’m going to condone one person’s actions and condemn another’s…

I was embarrassed for him.

Redandwhite... what constitutes anymore? the last game.. 3 games ago.. this season?
Just curious.

Redandwhite is correct - outside of last minute or OT touchdowns, all TD celebrations are probably unnecessary, and to that extent Cates' was as well. I've always preferred the understated, give the ball to the ref approach myself, and am proud that that is generally the approach the Riders takes.

Having said that, it was his third TD, which is a mitigating factor to a degree. And, while unnecessary, it was within the bounds of tolerable - no props used, nothing directed at the Bombers, etc. I would have preferred that he did nothing, but it was not flagrant enough for me to get bent out of shape over.

...a good perspective A-L....I hear your voice of reason in that and understand your pov...

...riderfan1, what's your point?, I don't assume I define anything on this forum so is this some sort of baiting tactic that again steers the thread away from it's intended subject?...if it was a honest question then my definition of 'anymore' used within the context of my post would mean this season...does that help?...

What are you talking about Your little drummer boy Burris Just did some queer snake looking dance just a few weeks ago when he ran one in!!! If anyone shouldnt be dancing is a QB especally that phony!!!!

Oh yeah...LOL! I forgot all about Burris' little bunny hop.

That had to be one of the worst dances ive ever seen!!!!!!!!!!!

Interesting comment coming from a Stamps fan!