Castillo is lights out

For a relatively unknown commodity, Sergio has been a very pleasant surprise coming in this year. His field goal percentage? 100%! 9/9. Punts are averaging 44.7 yards with his longest at 57.

Keep up the great work Sergio. You have earned your roster spot and are doing a solid job.

Doubters/ skeptics should be satisfied now. :thup:

$ergio Ca$tllo has been money for us! :thup:

Easy now! He's had some rough spots too. He's been getting better all the time just like the team!

Shhhhhh, one of the only bright spots to this terrible season

GOOD JOB SERG. :rockin: good point Ted

Excellent so far.

Still takes too long to get rid of the ball on his punts.

I'll pass further judgement when he has to start kicking a THF in the fall when the wind becomes a factor.

I'll also judge when he has to make a kick that actually means something.

Kickers kick for free. They get paid for the pressure kick. Time will tell, but here's to hoping he keeps it up.

Been a very pleasant surprise. I like him. The Medlock miss the other night shows anyone and everyone can miss.

Castillo one of the lone bright spots for struggling Ticats

http://3downnation.com/2017/07/24/castillo-one-lone-bright-spots-struggling-ticats/

Sergio Castillo has been exceptional after winning the job coming out of training camp, hitting all nine of his field goal tries this season, eight of which have been from beyond 30 yards. He’s also made five of his six convert attempts.

While his kickoffs have been less spectacular — he’s eighth in the league with a 62.2 yard average — his punting has been solid, averaging 44.7 per boot (fifth in the CFL.)

While his kickoffs have been less spectacular — he’s eighth in the league with a 62.2 yard average — his punting has been solid, averaging 44.7 per boot (fifth in the CFL.)
I thought his kickoffs on Thursday were pretty decent. You could definitely see the difference watching Castillo kick after Whyte. FG accuracy speaks for itself, but with deep punts and pretty solid kickoffs, he definitely has potential to be a great kicker on a difficult field. Looking forward to seeing more good things from him.