CASEY PRINTERS SPANKED IN CALGARY SUN

Wow does he ever take a beating from the sportswriter in the Calgary Sun. Can't find any ex Cats who are Stampeders to say something nice about him either. I hope somehow Casey can use that to fuel the great quarterback in him and come out tonight and show what he is made of. I actually don't doubt that some of what is said about him is true but i believe he is finding his maturity with the Cats, and with Danny Macs help it will make him a hall of fame quarterback with a Cats #1 jersey on his back.

[url=http://calsun.canoe.ca/Sports/Football/2008/07/17/6182471-sun.html]http://calsun.canoe.ca/Sports/Football/ ... 1-sun.html[/url]

Who is Howard Hodges?? lol.

That's just a joke. Has he ever met Burris?? That guy is the biggest cry baby out there.

Casey has done nothing since arriving here that has shown me anything but great leadership. I haven't seen any of his "attitude". He's been out in the community and he's shown great spirit as well as a great sense of humour.

He’ll use this as fuel for the fire for sure, for himself and the team. Not saying we’re going to win the Cup this year but we will eventually I think with Printers at the helm. Go get 'em Casey and the boys!!!

I agree he hasnt done anything wrong in fact I think some of his confidence and swagger was much needed and some we really lacked over the past few yrs. it has rubbed off on the guys this yr. I for one like casey printers and hope he comes up big and makes all the others eat their words. i also dont see how a meeting rubbed guys the wrong way lat yr unless the truth hu rts that much

LOL that is Eric Francis who is a step lower then Marty York. If you could listen on sports of every station in Calgary you would see the total opposite. Each and every Stamp player that has been interviewed respect the Tiger cat team and their players and will not take this team lightly. Where bone head Francis who use to right for kindergarden delight on lego toys has graduated to the big time and seems like he has not gotten better in his skills.

Exactly BG. He's been very gracious. Anyone who has listened to his radio show every week, he has nothing but praise for his team mates and the organization.

If I was Casey in 2004, you're darn right I would've made it known that it was a joke for the Most Outstanding Player who took the team to the GC to be sat out in the Grey Cup game. We all know the result of that. Football is a team game, but to pretend that guys do not have personal ambitions is a farce. When you deserved to play and were the marquee guy that brought your team to that point you have every right to expect to play. Should he have sat on the bench quietly for years and praised the mighty Dickenson, LMAO.

Casey is the leader of this team, period. As far as "the speech" last year, you either want him to be a leader or you don't.

As far as what some bum reporter in cowtown thinks, it won't make one iota of difference in tonight's game. There's a lot of people, small people, that have wanted to see Casey fail since 2004 He's had a lot of adversity since then and he's still competing and doing well. That's why he's a player and critics are critics. Casey and the TiCats will silence all of their critics by season's end.

If I was that sportswriters mother, I would know my son brought shame upon the family.

Wow. That article pisses me off. What does he know about Casey's leadership? He's all the way in Calgary! That's like me saying, "Boy, that Henry Burris is a real crybaby. It'll be hard for a team to rally around him. What a chump!".

But really I have no idea. I'm all the way in Hamilton and I have no idea what Burris is like other then what I see in games.
As for Hodges (whoever he is) and Armour, what do you expect from former teammates?

Hodges is a DE. I thought he was actually pretty good when he was here.

Anyways, the point is that he's a former teammate of Printers. The writer was looking for character references and Armour and Hodges (former teammates) would be just that.

Anyways, I don't care what Casey has done in the past, nor do I care about an article from Calgary. I care what's happening here right now and it seems that Printers is leading this team in the right direction and all of our players are jumping on board.

Casey has appeared to have attitude problems in the past, and not always gotten along really well with his temmates. He appears to have matured some even just since getting to Hamilton last year. I think he's learning what it really takes to win after pretty much a free ride on a very successful team in BC. Bauman worked out with Casey all off-season... maybe ask him about Casey.

It could also depend on the question. If reporters came and said "what do you think about that time when Casey was a big jerk?" how can you respond positively. Kudos to those players for keeping their mouths shut. It doesn't mean that CP is ALWAYS a jerk.

Wow. I did not know all that about Casey. Not good.

When the CFL is done, I become an NFL fan and the Patriots are my team. I know NFL boo! :slight_smile: lol

Anyway, when they picked up Moss I was very skeptical. I guess I prefer guys who are community minded and stay away from all the other garbage.

However, Moss was a different guy last year on and off the field (although I haven't heard any more about the playoff allegations), so I can only hope coming to the Cats is a new start for Casey too.

I wasn't the best student in school, but it took one teacher to change me forever. He believed in me and had patience in me and helped me become a better student. That teacher hated me and I could make him red in the face like no other, but he seen something in me even I didn't.

I hope there are people in the Cats org. that can bring out the best in Printers. We all have it in us. Sometimes it just take one person to see what others don't.

I think we all feel it though. There is something special about this 2008 team and maybe this isn't our year yet, but our future certainly seems much brighter.

The sun is out in Calgary. Its A Beautiful Day for Football. Sorry, bad plug. :slight_smile:

not a bengal06 wrote,

Exactly BG. He's been very gracious. Anyone who has listened to his radio show every week, he has nothing but praise for his team mates and the organization.

If I was Casey in 2004, you're darn right I would've made it known that it was a joke for the Most Outstanding Player who took the team to the GC to be sat out in the Grey Cup game. We all know the result of that. Football is a team game, but to pretend that guys do not have personal ambitions is a farce. When you deserved to play and were the marquee guy that brought your team to that point you have every right to expect to play. Should he have sat on the bench quietly for years and praised the mighty Dickenson, LMAO.

Casey is the leader of this team, period. As far as "the speech" last year, you either want him to be a leader or you don't.

As far as what some bum reporter in cowtown thinks, it won't make one iota of difference in tonight's game. There's a lot of people, small people, that have wanted to see Casey fail since 2004 He's had a lot of adversity since then and he's still competing and doing well. That's why he's a player and critics are critics. Casey and the TiCats will silence all of their critics by season's end.

Good post, not a bengal

Who cares what some writer in Calgary thinks of Printers. It`s the apposing media, and they are going to try and slag one of our star players.

I would hope for Casey he doesn`t read that stuff or any articles on himself. That stuff just brings you down.

We all know Casey is an excellent quarterback and he will get better. He has shown nothing but positivity and a great attitude and leadership, since he has come to the Ticats. I dont think there is anyone on this team thats wants to win as bad as Casey.

I would love to see Printers make his critics eat their words!!

I read the article and felt like 5 mins of my life were wasted.

He seems like a good guy to me. Until I am proven wrong that is the light I will view Casey in.

CFL Most Outstanding Player awards:

Henry Burris - 0
Casey Printers - 1

just sayin'...

• paul

CP has the physical gifts.

Questions still to be proven are

has he got the smarts to make the right decisions when the pressure is high

has he got the on field character to overcome gametime adversity, ie, when game is not going well and ticats down by 20 going into the 4th, has he got what it takes to dig down, suck it up and pump it up a few notches, or will he just cave and kinda give up and get discouraged, as I beleive he did in the first game?

Has he learned from previous character slip ups off field and adjusted his attitudes to be more acceptable to his peers and others?
Sounds to me like maybe he has. Hope so for his sake and for ticat team and fans sake.

Has he changed agents yet, I havent heard. If not, has he at least laid down the law and reigned in his uncle?

LOL well done.

OUCH

What a waste of time to read that article..

most opinions by any member of the media on any topic is a waste of time to read.

FYB wrote,

CP has the physical gifts.

Questions still to be proven are

has he got the smarts to make the right decisions when the pressure is high

has he got the on field character to overcome gametime adversity, ie, when game is not going well and ticats down by 20 going into the 4th, has he got what it takes to dig down, suck it up and pump it up a few notches, or will he just cave and kinda give up and get discouraged, as I beleive he did in the first game?

Has he learned from previous character slip ups off field and adjusted his attitudes to be more acceptable to his peers and others?
Sounds to me like maybe he has. Hope so for his sake and for ticat team and fans sake.

Has he changed agents yet, I havent heard. If not, has he at least laid down the law and reigned in his uncle?

FYB,

What does Printers have to prove? He won the MVP in 2004.

Now he has finally got his chance to play again. He is 3 games into this season. He has nothing to prove. He has shown ample character. sure the first game was a dud. Printers is not to blame for that display. It was the entire team that came up flat. I believe Printers was the only solid point in that game. He was the only one that had any sense of desperation out there.

As far as the third game. Everytime Sask. put in a scoring drive. Printers responded by leading his team downfield for a score of their own. With a minute left we had the lead. The defense blew it. Therefore the Cats have easily could have been 2-1 and Printers integrity wouldn`t even be brought up.