Casey Bramlet...could start

I guess he hasnt figured out Kelly’s offense as well,maybe he was in the shotgun formation-lol

He looked really good in practice today from what I've read.

Everybody looks good in practice! Didn`t you know that most teams secretly think they are headed for the Grey Cup prior to the first game of the season :stuck_out_tongue:

my source said bramlet had 2 picks as did bishop...but apparently casey looks more comfortable in the pocket and has a quicker release after making his read ... obviously his knowldge of the playbook will be a concern tho. and im still not sold that anyone will thrive in kellys dated and predictable system.

This makes sense! I say start Bishop and if he fails to move the offense,even reasonable,then let Casey have a go! What the bloody hell have we got to lose at this point.

IF???

I’am afraid I can’t even try to argue your “IF” comment! I wish I could! I guess I’am trying to find some kind of hope in all this mess we’re in!!

.....THE REAL QUESTION HERE IS?????? do we have a no1 qb. for the future,,,,, the answer is NO, until we develop a proper one...Bramlet should get his shot ...show us what he's got...You can't really tell what a qb. possesses unless he is under 'real game' conditions...I think an assessment will be done on the guy and we are more than likely going to see a few more neg; list qbs. brought in this year....This is not to say we are going to scrap the season entirely...We will keep the 'Bishop iron' in the fire...and how this season ends right now is anyones guess... :wink:

Much chatter in the local papers from the practice this week. Plenty of spread offense and 5 receivers sets, to quote Bishop, ‘everyone is familiar with the plays, you know, a CFL offense.’ :lol:

Could be Kelly got the message.

“You know, a CFL offence.”

I laughed at that.

It's kind of comical having him call it a "CFL offense". Realistically, with the backs Winnipeg has, the ability to use a four receiver set combined with a number of swings and screens to the backs SHOULD work well. I remember prior to the five and six receiver packs that hot routes to the slots (Brock to Poplawski, Austin to Elgaard and Fairholm) and swing passes to the backs tended to gain a lot of yards. Why? Because when teams stacked the box to stop the run, the area just past the linemen was wide open and the perimeter was wide open. I can't figure out why the Bombers didn't do that more often (though I heard that Bishop was not doing a good job reading the defense which is what is required when using a four receiver set).