casey asked to take a major pay cut

The Hamilton Tiger-Cats, meanwhile, have told QB Casey Printers he’s not welcome back unless he accepts a pay cut that would reduce his $450,000-a-year salary to less than $200,000.

:thup:

What does "He's not welcome back" mean ? If he has that in writing he's a free agent. Real smart...

of course I leave the best for last.. my source is the "ever accurate" ---not--- Marty York... but then it isnt unusual to have players and agents using reporters as messengers
the days of honour and a handshake are long gone..

football, after all, is a business... and as Fred Astaire would say/sing "thats entertainment"

For those of you who haven't had their Marty York fix for a while

Here is the latest of Marty's CFL musings

http://www.metronews.ca/toronto/sports/article/171047

• Doug Berry, who coached the Blue Bombers to the Grey Cup game in 2007
and was fired by Winnipeg after the 2008 season, is desperately seeking work

after the Toronto Argonauts rejected his applications
to become their head or assistant coach

• Look for the Argos to acquire quarterback Kevin Glenn,
    at least as a backup to Kerry Joseph,

now that new Winnipeg coach Mike Kelly intends to trade the veteran. . .

• Despite efforts by Argos co-owner David Cynamon to downplay it,
    Michael b Clemons is indeed out as the club’s chief shot-caller[/b]–

as reported here Tuesday -- and will take a significant
pay cut to stay on in an ambassador role

• The Hamilton Tiger-Cats, meanwhile, have told QB Casey Printers
    he’s not welcome back unless he accepts a pay cut

that would reduce his $450,000-a-year salary to less than $200,000.

Ron, I expect Pinball's salary reduction will be equal to Rich Stubler's remaining two years salary. :slight_smile:

It'll be interesting how this all plays out. I'm sure CP would be fine with it if he was in the later years of his career and was looking to be a backup to mentor a young up-start qb. But that isn't the case with him yet obviously.

i can't see CP taking this very well, i think he still believes he is "the best quarterback in the world" and can be a starter elsewhere.

if he takes the pay cut, great he can be a solid back-up, and if he doesnt, oh well see ya. :cowboy:

Wow I thought you might actually have a REAL source on this one. There's 5 minutes I'll never have back. Marty York is the Perez Hilton of football, except Marty is much less accurate with his gossip. :roll:

Ya But still fun to read like reading the Gossip rags on news stand