9 years
5 coaches
4 GMs
4 last place finishes
55 wins
107 losses
1 tie
.339 record

Well the proof is in the pudding i guess firing coaches and gms is not the answer lets get some continuity and soldier on

You need continuity to win.

Coach familiar with his players and vice versa.

In the case of Cortez, he's a rookie head coach who's also the OC. Even with hiring an OC, I don't see much difference.

The major issue with this team is defense. Terrible line + Terrible Dbs + Rookie DC = Disaster. The question is, is it the talent or coaching on defense? I say it's both.

agree but blowing up a team to rebuild like we do isnt gonna solve anything

How do you get consistancy with Burris at the quarterback position ? He was awful tonight. Had nothing on his throws, most of them sailed on him and crashing into the pocket with the fumble...

Tonite, Burris was bad. No denying it. In the first half he had some nices drives. 1 TD was negated by an offside call, then he gets sacked on the next play and on another drive that the Cats were putting together, Grant dropped a first down ball.

Also in the second half, some one dropped a first down ball as well, stalling a drive.

When you get 20:01 with the ball, you ain't winning. The first 3 drives BC had, we long, 2 went for TDs. Offense got cold standing on the sidelines.

Burris didn't lose the game for us tonite, it was the defense (again) but Burris didn't play that well. I agree.

BC is a hell of a football team too...

Lets not be too quick to bite the hand that feeds us. Without Mr. Young the Tiger-Cats would be a lot worse off. It's not like they were a fantastic team BEFORE he bought them.

If anything he deserves more credit. A lot tougher to pay the bills when your product sucks and your customers are not happy.

And where do we start to rebuilt? There are so Many holes to fill and lost Canadian draft choices languishing somewhere in the NFll. I Don't think humpy dumpy can ever be put together again. Sobering stats captain
And soon we will have 5 last place finishes

Bob may want to take the Mike Ditka School of Football course to understand how football works and what an owner needs to know in order to put together a winning franchise.

Surround yourself with good people

Then

Go outside and every so often put your ear to the ground and listen to what others say and think about your selections

Including what they may say or think about those good people you've surrounded yourself with

You might be unpleasantly surprised with what they say. And you hear

GOOD THREAD:in 98,99 the owners had a shoe string budget and three people turned this whole team around Lancaster, McManus and Flutie and the rest is history ! "Don't bite the hand that feeds you" well mr Young and those stats in this thread really highlight to many bad choices and changes killed this team .the last 2 years we had Marcel and a .500 record but they had to blow up the team and start all over. Anybody notice that almost every player that is booted out of town does better with other teams ?!?!

The record if Bob Young had not saved the Tiger Cats ZERO coaches, zero wins, zero games.
Remember it was the league that ran the team when Bob offered to come forward and run it. There were many people at the time that said they should have kept Ottawa and let Hamilton go. The league could only run the team for one year before the money ran out, and there was no one out there that would take over the team.

With all due respect, but Is this response for real?

You’re ok with 4, possibly 5 last place finishes in the lasy 9 years?

They were better before. 2 Grey Cup appearances in 98 and 99.
9-9 in 2000,
11-7 in 2001,
before the bottom fell out in 02 and 03 when MacDonald and Grant had no money to spend on the team. Only 2 losing season with a completely understandable reason why, but only 2.

What’s the excuse now? Including playoffs, this is 9 straight season without a winning record. With last night’s abysmal loss it’s a .339 record! (including playoffs)

Yeah, I'm pretty sure we all get that and acknowledge that ad nauseum. Myself included. I'm thankful he saved the team. I'm thankful he's spent decent money on it. This thread is not about that.

Fact is that was then, this is now, 9 seasons later.

Times are better financially, they 're gonna break even soon, he's supposedly turned down a supposed buyer.

That's why this thread is about on the failed on field product.

What is your opinion on the numbers of the opening post?

This "defense" is irrelevant to the on field aspect of this thread.

Yes the record more than speaks for it's self during the past 9 years. Regardless of how Bob Young has managed the team without him there would be zero football in Hamilton. Good thing Bob has deep pockets and a love for Tiger Cat Football. I would just hope he would get Obie, Mitchell and Cotez together and outline his expectations and create a clear understanding and a timeline when this team will turn around. In short, no more Mr. Nice Guy......................This is a business and this business has huge problems with the on field product. To Bobs credit he has changed the off field persona of this team tremendously.

Caretaker has poured a fortune into this team.
It is not his fault.
The on field product is the fault of the Football people not the business people
This post is blaming the on field product on a guy who cannot go on the field.
The team financially is almost ready to be profitable and we had better hope that Caretaker does not sell it or we are fracked.
We are so lucky to have Caretaker.
I bet there is nobody here or anywhere that lives and dies on every play more than the Caretaker.
Sure the team is unsucessful, but Caretaker has carried on and believed and remained positive throughout.
HAVE WE!!!!!!!!!

Who is responsible for 4 GMs and 5 coaches?

The on field product is the fault of the Football people not the business people
They are not absolved. They share responsibilty, I'd bet they'd agree too. Why else do they get fired (so often)?
This post is blaming the on field product on a guy who cannot go on the field.
You mean 'thread" and not "post" right?

The OP is straight out facts posted to provoke response and discussion on results. it's not about simply blaming one individual, but delving into the reasons for so much failure and zero winning seasons in the past 9.

The team financially is almost ready to be profitable and we had better hope that Caretaker does not sell it or we are fracked.
How do you figure? isn't that sentence contradictory? How would the fans be fracked if he sold a financially sustainable team? Wasn't that his goal when he started this? He will not own this team forever, and if he makes it sustainable or even profitable, then I would not consider myself fracked. I'd be grateful, and consider myself a lucky fan.
We are so lucky to have Caretaker.
Yes, we are lucky he saved the team, but he is not immune to criticism whether it be for poor on field performance or disagreement on the stadium issue. As I've said many times before, i'm grateful he saved the team, and have enjoyed the gameday experience more under his ownership than ever before. like any of us, he deserves kudos for his successes and barbs for his failures.
I bet there is nobody here or anywhere that lives and dies on every play more than the Caretaker.
Sure, I can buy that. Doesn't help any though.
Sure the team is unsucessful, but Caretaker has carried on and believed and remained positive throughout. HAVE WE!!!!!!!!!
Why should we remain positive through this crap? Fell free to. I hate it.

Yup. Bob is paying big bucks from the Pres down to the co-ordinators. Put a performance clause in their contracts: winning season or you’re fired.