Caretaker updates.

BOB...I was born and raised in hamilton, and
this is the most fan-minded ticat organization ever,please continue the
updates we need to know what's happening
during the offseaon. thanks

Does that make us “High Maintenance” ??

With all due respect Bob, I think it's time to stand back to let your people do their jobs. Please don't take this the wrong way, but I'm holding you responsible for what I had to watch on the field this year. Neither my wife nor my daughter wanted to stay beyond half time for any games that I brought them to this season- I think that states a lot for what people had to endure this year. As one of those 'passionate fans', I'm thankful that you finally realized that, no matter how many flowers you cram into the women's washroom, ultimately people go to Ivor Wynne to watch football. Thank you for getting a football man with the hiring of Desjardins. It's time to let Marcel do his thing. You've put your faith behind this man, Bob, why not let the fans hear what he has to say?

Bob,
I also like to hear what you say but 1st and foremost let me say to you that with all of your investment this year, it did not pay off. (sure you already knew that)
I'm sure you appreciate your fan base but I will tell you now that it will dwindle next year. That is a reality. I just hope you're in it for the long haul....'cause I can tell you some of us "real fans" have had it.
I'll be back when the team plays like one and they don't waste my hard earned dollars or my gas.
Thanks.

I really feel Bob, that when we can come on here and "chew the fat" with you, it makes us all feel closer to the team.
We also got faith in you knowing you'll do whatever necessary, to take this team to the top.
I, for one, am really looking forward to the offseason acquisistions and signings. With a new coach coming in, we have nowhere to go but up. :cowboy:

Thanks everyone.

While the previous two seasons were educational, this season was both educational and very painful.

Rest assured it was never anyones intention or expectation that our season would be the disaster it became. We recruited aggressively, we spent serious money on rebuilding the team, yet virtually everything that could go wrong did. From a substantially larger than normal number of injuries (more than any other CFL team this season), to disappointing results from some of our most exciting off season hiring in both coaches and players.

But if that sounds vague, it is as detailed as I'm going to get on the topic of past mistakes. I take full responsibility for the football team's lack of success, and to quote the old film "Network", as a Ticat fan like you "I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it any more!". Although unlike you I don't get to get mad at anyone other than the guy who greets me in the mirror every morning.

I'll get an Update out in the next week or so that will document some of the lessons learned over the last three seasons. It will begin to document what we are doing to ensure that none of us, not the fans, not the coaches, and most of all not the Tiger-Cat players, have to suffer through another season like this one.

Cheers, Bob.

In Bob we trust

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Some things remind me of a bunch of giddy 12 year old female groupies hanging around a Jr. A hockey teams dressing room door for a peek between periods.

Bob.another vote for continuing the updates. No other team has an owner who cares so much for his team, his community, and his fans.
As to the lessons learned over the past three seasons, you know as well as I do, that there is no benefit in learning unless the lessons are put into practice. I have every confidence that this will happen, but I'm afraid it will have to be done quickly, openly, and pursued to a satisfactory conclusion. Good luck, buddy!

I am with most everyone else. I enjoy and look forward to your BOBdates.

I had a bit of an unimpressive experience with this years Ticat customer service when I had a need that could have been easily fulfilled. When I had relatives coming over from the UK they/he could have swung what I asked for since it has been done for myself and others previously. I thank those of you that offered me to trade for their seats. Most of us on this forum are really a cut above. The woman from Germany also had a pair of my tickets personally delivered to her hotel in Toronto on the day that she and her husband were to arrive.

I currently have 4 seasons and I will guarantee that at least 2 will be renewed because of you. However, I am still very undecided on the 2nd pair given circumstances. If you did not keep such faith with we the fans then we would not keep faith in you and the organization.

Whoaaaaaa… No more Mr. Nice Guy in the corporate football office? I like that!

Good to see you posting again Bob.
If the Marcel Desjardins hire is any indication, I would say the on-field situation can't help but improve next season.

Bob, you are the best owner in the CFL. Please keep the updates coming.
One thing I will request from you is that, if you have any influence with the 2007 schedule, would it be possible for the Tiger Cats last game to be played at Ivor Wynne Stadium on the final day of the regular season. The team has not played at home on the final weekend for a number of years and I feel that it would be beneficial when we will be going into the playoffs next season.

Bob

Love the updates ... so many CEOs could learn something form you ... listen to the customer and talk with them directly ... what a strategy!

Keep up the good work ... Love the Network quote. I was a tough year for EVERYONE - fans, Ti-Cat Mgmt, and the players ...

Next year in Toronto!!!!!! I already bought my tickets and hope to see the black & gold out there on the field.

Cheers

I must say I liked that quote. It somehow remided me of this one from Steve Ballmer, and you can click here to read the article that contains it. You’ll know the quote when you see it. Although I’m not sure if Bob is throwing any chairs over how this season went.

:)

And it sure will be interesting to see another update. And obviously, I’m not the only one who wants to see one. There have been 63 votes so far and not single one for the option saying that these updates are not good to have. I think that answers the question asked in this poll.

:)
I'll get an Update out in the next week or so
splendid .... may we never again go a whole season without the Update

Nice to hear from you big Bob :thup: Can you tell us how we are going to make "Never Win" a fun place to be next season by winning football games :wink: