Caretaker Update ? Five Year Plan ?

Where has all the FEELGOOD RHETORIC from our 'caretaker' gone ... no updates for a couple of months ?

Not that I blame him, I don't think even his mastery of euphemistic, soft sell marketing language can cover the stench of what has been taking place on the field of IWS as of late.

I am, however, KEENLY interested to hear what he has to say about his, so-called, FIVE YEAR PLAN.

I had a GREAT LAUGH reading one of his updates where he told of his daddy's great WORDS of WISDOM ... something about a learning curve, and success being limited by the 'human problem'.

At the time, it was an endearing story - now it just seems like a BUNCH of HOOEY. Especially the part about the 'learning curve' ... where was Marshall's opportunity to learn on that curve ?

I say, stop hiding behind the CURTAIN, Wiz, and let us hear your VIEWS on the CRAP PRODUCT you OWN !!

Peace.

Yet another class-less post by someone who feels "mean" and "peace" can co-exist.

I'd rather read a "Breaking News" thread.

I'm not one to come to the defense of anyone who has succeeded in life, far beyond my own humble achievements. However, I find it difficult to dump on the one person who has taken the most risk and provided the most promising future for an organization that was literally resurrected from ashes.
The fact that the offensive capabilities of this team has earned the "crap
product" moniker as stated above is as much a surprise to Young as it is to every other football-minded observer. On paper, the Cats should be a dominative force and yet we are constantly forced to sit through lacklustre performances; all of this in spite of the ongoing changes in personnel, etc.
There is no heart on this team, I think that's pretty much a given. Is it the owner's fault? The answer is clearly no.

oh yeah, your swill will get Mr. Young talking. Over the winter last year I watched what the Cats were doing and the players they were bringing in and I loved it! I was sure their moves would turn the team around and I praised the team for the direction they were taking. I'm also 100% sure that a majority of T-Cat fans felt the same way.
Now it hasn't worked out, the players that performed so well elsewhere haven't continued it here for a miriod of reasons but the team DID try, and they will try again to produce a winner. Give them a chance to do so before instead of jumping off the bandwagon so quickly like so many other fairweather fans have done.
And oh yeah, keep your own crap to yourself.

Here ya go, meanie,

Next time, try the 3T's: think then type.

[url=http://www.ticats.ca/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=9601]http://www.ticats.ca/index.php?name=PNp ... pic&t=9601[/url]

"Oh ok. Here's the problem and the plan.

We gambled in 2004 on a rookie head coach and rookie GM and rookie President and rookie owner. That was probably three too many rookies. Yet by the end of that season it looked like we'd made a great call. Coach Of The Year and all that.

It turned out we were not as clever as we thought we were. I could go into the specifics of the decisions that did not work, but they've been debated endlessly here over the last couple of seasons. To be clear many people and players get credit for the Tiger-Cats record last year and so far this year. We've begun to make the changes necessary to get back to the top of the CFL standings.

Unfortunately today we are left with an Interim Head Coach and an Interim General Manager. They are doing their very best to win this year, and I have confidence that they will. It is just that we've dug ourselves a hole. Even if we win most of the rest of our games it may not be enough.

The good news is that we have a great head start on fixing the failed gamble we made back in 2004. We have remarkably talented GMs and Coaches calling us.

All thanks to you. By "you" I mean the 29,000 paying Ticat fans who showed up on Saturday to cheer on a 2 and 6 Tiger-Cat team. Talented GMs and Head Coaches notice that kind of support and are impressed.

So thanks for your support. And yes we will improve dramatically going forward. In the meantime continue to come out and have fun at Ivor Wynne with us. It is much more fun when we win, but it is always a -lot- of fun.

Cheers, Bob."

Bob has given up on his 5 year plan.

Folks, it ain't what the owner may or may not have to say that should concern you. It's the guys running the team (Lancaster, Katz, Paopao, et al) you should be concerned about.

As the team flounders, the fans start to implode and look for red herrings with heat seeking missiles.

An Argo fan

Well, not the first time I've put the proverbial foot in my mouth ... I was not aware of the 'caretaker's' post ...

Boy was I wrong ... he sure was able, through his mastery of the language, to spin this season as positively as possible ... nicely done.

I'll end this discussion with typed hopes for a better on field production next saturday.

Peace.

Careful everyone, or meanie will pm you with threats of physical harm.

"You got something to say to me ? ... Anytime you want to stop hiding behind your screen, just let me know.

I'll be at the Rider game next saturday ...

let me know where and when we can discuss the merits of "mean" and "peace", and "class".

Peace."

Poor wittle ockham ...

I'll tell ONE and ALL ... I MEAN what I say, and I say what I MEAN ...

You don't like it ? Tough. Too bad. All you got to do is IGNORE ME.

But you want to start making it personal ... then I'll get up close and personal with you.

There is NOTHING I've posted on this site that I would not say in PERSON to ANYONE who wanted to listen.

I'd rather not WASTE other forum poster's time explaining how, in fact, "mean" and "peace" are not MUTUALLY EXCLUSIVE ... so I thought we could do it on our own time ockham ... apparently you have a different idea of what a DISCUSSION is.

You don't want to DISCUSS with me in PERSON ... then don't address me in MY THREAD as "classless" and 'hypocritical". OKAY ?

Peace.

Enjoy your inevitable JAIL TIME.

I had a GREAT LAUGH reading one of his updates where he told of his daddy's great WORDS of WISDOM ... something about a learning curve, and success being limited by the 'human problem'.

At the time, it was an endearing story - now it just seems like a BUNCH of HOOEY. Especially the part about the 'learning curve' ... where was Marshall's opportunity to learn on that curve ?

I say, stop hiding behind the CURTAIN, Wiz, and let us hear your VIEWS on the CRAP PRODUCT you OWN !!

Why come off so insultingly? Does it make you feel powerful to be a thorn in the side of people who have accomplished something in life? Bullying is so Grade 2.
Why come off so insultingly?
Cuz' I felt like it, I guess.

The POINT was about ACCOUNTABILITY ... the 'caretaker' was more than willing to have his voice heard at those MOST OPTIMISTIC of times, but as the season started to circle the drain - narry a PEEP - or so I thought, until informed otherwise ...

Was the tone a little offensive ? Perhaps. But when one reads of things like 'human problem' and 'learning curve' - only to watch the HAND PICKED ROOKIE HC get fired 4 games into his MERE THIRD campaign - one has to wonder ALOUD, just what happened to that FIVE YEAR PLAN.

It is year three, and I am searching for reasons to CONTINUE TO BELIEVE ... the last two HOME GAMES were the MOST PATHETIC DISPLAYS of football I have EVER PAID to see ... and so a RANT is BORN.

Peace.

P.S - who knows, we'll see after the Rider game next week, maybe JAIL would be preferrable to a night at IWS.

now kiddies behave or your going to go on a timeout :rockin: :rockin:

I support you buddy and agree with everything you said. There is no accountabiltiy, when you score 2pts at home in front of a full house your OC must go end of story. Caretaker is far to patient at the expense of the fans.

The thread has been locked...as you can see.