Captain Canuck Appreciation Thread

2 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

The mysterious D.B. Cooper(Robert Rackstraw) supposedly read a copy of Captain Canuck waiting for his flight of infamy

This is a new lead for the FBI,

Unfortunately, they have their hands full of domestic terrorists from a "80 blocks to Tiffany's" Queen's gang leader, the infamous Orange One. At least he is faux mafioso. French Connection do not like him after seeing his FBI seizure receipt.

Rackstraw recently died. So the case is closed

Haha, they are still looking for Rus mob apprentices from New York City to Florida!

I actually own that copy. I thought it might be worth something but it's not really. Only a few bucks. Now if only I had Spider-Man #1 instead. :grin:

1 Like

That is impossible. The DB Cooper skyjacking occured in November 1971. Captain Canuck #1 was first published in July 1975.

DB Cooper might have been inspired by another Canadian comic book named Dan Cooper. Here is a link to check out:

1 Like

Wow! I learn something everyday. Who would have thought that Quebec had a connection with Dan Cooper!

You can’t make this up.

Be careful it may make the removal thread!!!

1 Like

Perhaps this should raise the value!

WOWZERS!

It was first published in Tintin magazine!!!
It says here it’s Franco / Belgian!

I love Snowy, Captain, and Professor Calculus.

NO! NO!!!
He was reading
Clever & Smart aka Mort & Phil……

Dan Cooper must have been a Winnipeg fan!
America’s Team!!!!

1 Like

You are correct. I use to collect some Captain Canuck comic books during the my childhood. I thought CC made his debut on Canada's Centennial. I stopped buying them because they were hard to find at the drug store where I bought my comics. There were no specialized comic book stores up in northern Ontario back in the day.

I believe that artist John Bryne "borrowed" the costume design of Captain Canuck for his Marvel version of the Guardian, a member of Marvel's Alpha Flight, Canada's version of the Avengers.

I would definitely pay good money for a live action movie of Captain Canuck or Alpha Flight.

BTW, D.B Cooper supposedly had written a post card to the FBI saying he attended the 1971 Grey Cup in Vancouver before his heist

1 Like

Guardian does look similar to Captain Canuck. He was meant to be the Canadian equivalent to Captain America.

I never got into Alpha Flight. I was always more of a DC guy. Batman and Flash. Also some independant stuff like Vampirella and Lady Death.

He should have called himself Clark Kent since he pretty much flew out of the plane like Superman.

1 Like

I collected both Marvel and DC, but I preferred DC like you. It was the artwork that drew me to DC with Neal Adams, Frank Miller, etc.

1 Like