Cannabis 2.0 Can Save the CFL

But Cannabis 2.0 edible chocolates, beverages and chewable gummy bears with CBD are healthy and emit no smoke when consumed.

I hope to see you at a CFL game some day drinking a Cannabis 2.0 beverage, eating a chocolate bar or chewing a gummy bear: all with CBD in them with proven health benefits and a great fit for player endorsements as well as extra revenue for the league.

Cannabis 2.0 edible chocolates, beverages and chewable gummy bears have healthy CBD in them and emit no smoke when consumed, so that would not be an issue at all. Even CFL players would feel safe endorsing them.

No. 3 downs. Each down, a fan could be eating a chocolate bar, drinking a beverage or chewing a gummy bear with healthy CBD in them and there would be no smoke emitted at all. However, you might see some players shooting commercials on the sidelines in between half endorsing these products.

No. It will be changed to endorsement time: when players can shoot commercials endorsing the health benefits of Cannabis 2.0 CBD products like chocolate bars, beverages and chewable gummy bears.

And there are people who say tobacco is not harmfulā€¦does not make it true

They have trouble getting beer commercials on CFL games. A few years ago you would see the Bud Light ads with the ā€œBud Light Gamesā€ , young people playing around outside in a pool etc. Not anymore.
Young people are not watching the CFL and TSN canā€™t get the ads that appeal to young people. Advertisers put their money where the young people are watching, they arenā€™t buying air time on CFL games.
It would be the same for cannabis

Iā€™m a former smoker, grew up in a smoking household and now have COPD, probably from that. I know three others in the same boat. A close friend and a neighbour both died of lung cancers caused by smoking. It almost makes me weep to see young folks smoking, knowing that down the road, they are going to have some lung problems.

Never permit any type of smoking or vaping advertising, and more importantly, do not smoke.

2 Likes

Nah, Iā€™ll likely be drinking a Heineken and smoking a doobie at halftime outside of stadium like the other 10,000 fans doing the same in Hamilton at halftime.

But Iā€™m for advertising. Cannabis stores advertising the CFL would be getting it to the right demographic. My father smokes weed, but wonā€™t step foot into a store. He makes my brother get his stuff. Still a bit too old school for buying weed across a counter top.

The kids are where the focus needs to be. Cannabis stores are full of millā€™s and gen zā€™s.

But Carling Oā€™Keefe did sponsor the CFL in the early 80s. But that ended when Molson Canadian bought them out.

And the late Paul Rimstead did the commercials for Carling Oā€™Keefe.

1 Like

I agree: just edibles (eg. chocolates), chewables (eg. gummy bears) and beverages with CBD. No vapes. No smoking products.

1 Like

Molson owns a significant stake in one of the largest Cannabis beverage makers in the world (eg. Hexo and Truss beverages) with CBD. Cannabis beverages are not the same as alcohol: itā€™s not a buzz thing, itā€™s a health thing.

1 Like

Itā€™s Hammer Time: spread the word then to the Ti-Cat faithful. Itā€™s Cannabis 2.0 or bust.

I agree about no smoking or vaping being allowed: just allow edibles (eg. chocolates), chewables (eg. gummy bears) and beverages with CBD. No vapes. No smoking products.

1 Like

But young people are buying edibles (eg. chocolates), chewables (eg. gummy bears) and beverages with CBD.

1 Like

Of course the second hand exhaust spewing out of the cars EVERYONE drives does no harm to anyone's lungs, does it ?
Way too much hypocrisy for my liking.

2 Likes

Donā€™t forget the secondary market of munchiesā€¦think of all the possibilities!

1 Like

Yes. And think of the player endorsement possibilities.

1 Like

Yes but they arenā€™t watching CFL football, thatā€™s the point.

3 Likes