Canadians in the CFL

What I would like to know is Y don't Canadians get a chance. The example I'll give is #35 Les Mullings. I went to many practices, the inter squad game & the xibition game. This kid NEVER got a chance to show what he could or could not do. IMO if given the chance he would have made the team. But he was not given that opportunity. Now this is only one kid on the offence on one team. I wonder how many other Canadian kids in the CFL r not getting their fair shot by not getting enough reps to show what they can do. Pretty sad if u ask me.

Agreed. I wish more Canadians were given a chance. You almost never see any fantastic Canadian QBs or DBs (mainly halfbacks and Cbs, although there are some nice Safeties)
Altough chances are Mullings didnt get the reps mainly becaue having a proven runner in Holmes and Ranek could be the case. Im not sure, but i believe Davis was signed before Mullings and therefore had a better showing at the practices and what not. however, i do agree that Mullings should get a better look; hes a home town boy for God’s sake!

Agreed. I wish more Canadians were given a chance. You almost never see any fantastic Canadian QBs or DBs (mainly halfbacks and Cbs, although there are some nice Safeties)
Altough chances are Mullings didnt get the reps mainly becaue having a proven runner in Holmes and Ranek could be the case. Im not sure, but i believe Davis was signed before Mullings and therefore had a better showing at the practices and what not. however, i do agree that Mullings should get a better look; hes a home town boy for God's sake!

The fact is that we have Aidoo, Radlein and another Canadian with experience so if he was going to make the team he would have to show well on the special teams.

Countdown to Tommy Dennison conspiracy-theory post:

Why, oh why, did you have to go and open that door again? I had exactly the same thought, but I was hoping against hope that I was alone.
The only TD I want to hear about is "Touchdown, Ticats"

I was hoping that if I made fun of it before anyone even said it, that no one would bring it up.

Maybe I'm naive. :expressionless:

Canadians be given a chance?

Are you serious, Canadians are guaranteed jobs in the CFL - I say get rid of the Canadian quota and let the best players compete. Look at the offensive line, almost entirely Canadian, we would have a much better running game and better offensive if we opened up the game to everyone.

I feel sorry for the American offensive lineman who comes up and tries to compete, he knows that even if he is a better player the Canadian is guaranteed the job.

Who the heck is Tommy Dennison? :stuck_out_tongue:

You're my new favouite poster. :wink:

mikem wrote-Canadians be given a chance?

Are you serious, Canadians are guaranteed jobs in the CFL - I say get rid of the Canadian quota and let the best players compete. Look at the offensive line, almost entirely Canadian, we would have a much better running game and better offensive if we opened up the game to everyone.

I feel sorry for the American offensive lineman who comes up and tries to compete, he knows that even if he is a better player the Canadian is guaranteed the job.
Sorry to inform -but the US expansion proved your theory wrong, -

The point I was trying to make was about not getting a chance. What I noticed was the guys he was competing against which imo was Aidoo & Lezi got way more reps. It was like 6 or 7 for them, 2 for Mullings. I don't know if they just invite people to camp for the sake of just a body with no intention of the making the team or what. I guess I just fell into that old Canadians don't get a chance trap. Cheers !!!!!

Okay, well, your argument doesn't make sense, then. If it was "Mullings doesn't get a chance", that's potentially fair but you'd have to take into account special teams and everything else that has happened in camp. But you said "Canadians don't get a chance". Uhm, Aidoo is a Canadian. So if he was taking Mullings' reps... how is that Canadian players not getting a chance? :?

i believe Lezi is canadian as well?