Canadian Women's Gridiron Football 2023

I think it's time for a new thread on women's football.

3 Likes

so awesome. i sure wish this was a thing when i was younger and nimble, and not old and broken down. lol

1 Like

New league starting up for Ontario girls:

Get ready for the inaugural Ontario Women’s Football League, which will start next spring for teams in the U19 and U16 divisions and run over three months.

Cumberland is one of a dozen Ontario communities which have expressed an interest in joining the OWFL. The others are Burlington, Brantford, Cambridge, Guelph, Huronia, London, Niagara Generals, Niagara Spears, Oakville, Peel and Waterloo.

Football Ontario said the purpose of the OWFL is “to develop a league where girls and young women, often marginalised in the sport of football, can find like-minded teammates and participate in the sport without being limited to the periphery due to barriers, both real and perceived.”

2 Likes

Look on the bright side Griddy. If you'd played a few years of Women's tackle football you'd have been old and broken down sooner like the rest of us Geezers.

1 Like
1 Like

this is awesome.

was kinda wishing they were going to be called the Viqueens just for @Jon ’s amusement lol

2 Likes
1 Like

Gridiron Girls! :football: :woman:

1 Like

Team Ontario tryouts:

Team Ontario coaches: