Canadian Rugby Championship

Thanks to PiCat for alerting me to this league over on another thread. I just did a bit of research and decided that the CRC is something worthy of it's own thread.

For those that are not aware, (the boat I was in about 15 minutes ago) the Canadian Rugby Championship is Canada's highest level of domestic rugby. Founded in 2009, the 2012 season will be the 4th year, with 4 teams: BC Bears, Ontario Blues, Prarie Wolf Pack and The Rock.

Sounds like there is great potential here for this to grow each year into a true Canadian national rugby league.
I will be following this as close as I can. Hopefully they can get SSN Canada to broadcast/webcast the league this season.

P.S. As of right now, the Ontario Blues don't have a home field set. I think PiCat will agree with me that Richardson Stadium in Kingston would be a great place for them to call home! :lol: :slight_smile:

I've been to quite a few BC Bears games, and I think the competitions awesome. I'd love for it to become more professional, but at the moment nobody has the money to do that and there just isn't enough interest in rugby here at the moment.

and ironically, the North American brand of football evolved from the old Canadian Rugby leagues.