CANADIAN FOOTBALL LEAGUE - 2013 KEY DATES

February 6 Coach of the Year Finalists Announced

February 15 Free Agency Period Opens

The free agency window opens at Noon ET on Friday, February 15th.

February 26 – March 1 CFL Congress 2013

CFL Congress 2013 is being held in Regina, Saskatchewan, home of the 101st Grey Cup. The four days of annual meetings will take place at the Delta Regina Hotel.

February 28 2012 Coach of the Year

The top head coach of the 2012 season will be honoured during the 52nd CFL Coach of the Year Luncheon. This year’s luncheon will take place on Thursday, February 28, at 12:15 CT at the Delta Regina Hotel in Regina, Saskatchewan.

March 21- March 22 Rules Committee Meeting

The meetings will be held over two days in Toronto at the Toronto Park Hyatt Hotel.

March 22- March 24 2013 CFL Combine

In preparation of the 2012 CFL Draft, general managers, coaches and scouts from across the league will be in Toronto to evaluate more than 50 of the Country’s top football prospects. This year’s CFL Combine is being held at the Park Hyatt Toronto Hotel and Varsity Centre at the University of Toronto.

May 11 CIS East-West Bowl

The 2013 CIS East-West Bowl will be played on Saturday, May 11 at Western University.

May 6 2013 CFL Draft

The 2013 CFL Draft will be held on Monday, May 6 (exact time TBD).

May 29 Rookie Camps Open

May 31 – June 2 CFL Officials Training Camp

June 2 Training Camps

[url=http://blogs.leaderpost.com/2013/02/05/cfls-key-2013-dates/]http://blogs.leaderpost.com/2013/02/05/ ... 013-dates/[/url]

June 2 - training camp opens. 107 days....but who's counting

Might be nice if we Knew where Training Camp was even being Held this year! Im sure they have to know by now! But like a lot of things so far this year, the fans are the last to know and at the last minute!

I'm more concerned about having a player personnel and scouting staff in place so we'll know who to evaluate, draft and sign, so that when training camp comes, we'll have the right players there to compete.

Could be worse, Montreal is still looking for a Head Coach !

Nice to discover today that at least some members of those staffs -- i.e. Danny and Drew, among others -- are still there with the reappearance, after being missing for a some considerable time, of a Football Ops listing on this site. Unless I'm forgetting someone, or more, all that's missing may be a replacement for Joe Womack. Can't recall just what his title was and am also not sure McManus' title of "Head U.S. Scout" is different than it was last year.

http://www.ticats.ca/page/football-operations

Yes, it really is. What a great surprise. last time I looked, it wasn’t there. No announcement, which I think is a bit unfortunate, but I’m happy to see this.

I believe Danny Mac had the same title last year.

Agreed, all that’s missing is a Joe W replacement… if they plan to appoint one.

8) Joe Womack was Assistant GM, and Director of Player Personnel. So we still need to hire a new DPP !!
  Yes, Danny has the same title as last year,  "Head US Scout".

And I see they have announced Ozzie is back too. Also good news.

Dan Hawkins is expected to become the new head coach of the Canadian Football League's Montreal Alouettes, according to the Montreal Gazette.