Canada will defend its title at the NFL Global junior footba

[url=http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&pubid=968163964505&cid=1138229413579&col=1053692575155&call_page=TSS_Main&call_pageid=968867503640&call_pagepath=Sports/Index]http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/Conten ... orts/Index[/url]

Canada will defend its title at the NFL Global junior football tournament.

The Canadian squad qualified for the final in impressive fashion Wednesday. Canada not only won all four of its games � which consisted of two seven-minute halves � but didn't give up a point.

Canada will take on the United States in the final Sunday. The Canadians defeated the Americans to win last year's title.

The Canadian team is coached by Danny Maciocia of the Grey Cup-champion Edmonton Eskimos, who led the squad to last year's championship.

Canada began play at the Pontiac Silverdome by downing Japan 7-0. Tim Cronk had the lone touchdown on a one-yard run as defensively the Canadians allowed 78 total yards and registered three sacks.

The Canadians followed with a 13-0 win over Mexico. Josh Boden's 27-yard touchdown catch was the offensive highlight for Canada while Olivier Letourneau-Turcotte's 46-yard interception return cemented the victory.

Samuel Fournier and Matt Henry each ran for a touchdown while Boden caught a 30-yard TD strike to lead Canada to a 21-0 win over the United States. The Americans mustered just two first downs and 26 total yards offensively.

Canada capped its run with a 21-0 victory over Germany.

Couple of good choices there to defend the title.

I'm glad Machocia is coaching them he's familiar with the format. Just hope he's learned not to celebrate to early! :wink:

That Kid Josh Boden will be a CFL star soon. I watched him play against Okanagan Sun last year. This kid has good hands and speed. I think he was a couple more years with the South Fraser Rams of the Junior league before he can get drafted. On the Lions site, they said that Wally had a look at him last year at training camp.

Mods, can we meaged this topic with the one I have already started? thanks!

Yeah let’s watch Canada play a team of Ohio stars from not the whole state of Ohio, but Northwest Ohio. Well maybe Northwest Ohio has a chance, wait a second he’s coaching against Danny Marciocia, good night Northwest Ohio.

Next year us Americans we sell out next year, Canada you better be prepared, because the Guantanamo Bay prisoners are going to represent us.

If any members of the Canadian Junior team go on this message board i have some advice. Boo the USA national anthem, like you do at the Canadians games, inflict the most amount of pain as possible, do anything disrespectful to team USA, because they are disrespecting you by only sending a portion of a states all stars to play you. Maybe this will motivate them next season. I thought Canadians were being disrespectful refusing to carry the flag, the USA staff is disrespectful by putting together a farce of a team. Like i said Canada watchout next year Gitmo prisoners.

yawn

booing at the Canadian games? refusing to carry the flag? huh?

I can understand the opening ceremony, but I'm sure their were a lot of violates for the closing ones, or maybe my former topic made most really think? KK confused! :?