Canada for Moreno

Any and all trades have to be approved by the league office. If the league refuses to approve it, no one goes anywhere. I would think if nothing can be worked out then no one would move.

What a scary precedent that would set. IMO, I think the league must approve the trade. If a player can nulify a trade by refusing to report, does that not mean the players control player movement as opposed to team management?

I suspect that Canada wasn't really the guy Obie was after anyways. Cory Mace will be the real deal "if" you can get him out of the NFL.

I dont think that players control the movement.... Canada can refuse to go to Hamilton but by doing so his carearee is over. He will not be able to play for any other team

I dont think that it should work that way. Usually a team can back out of a trade if the player does not pass a physical. I would think that a player refusing to report would also be grounds

Why would Moreno go back to Hamilton? If the Tabbies wanted him , they would not have traded him to the Bombers. My guess is another player will be offered up to Hamilton.

But if the trade were to be voided by Canada's refusal to report to Hamilton, how the heck does Moreno play for the Cats knowing they tried to move him? Can't be a good thing.......

...unless he requested the trade in the first place. I suppose then, though, that he wouldn't want to be there in that situation either, but it may make going back (if he needs to) more palatable...

If Moreno asked for the trade (very possible) and Canada refuses to report, its says a lot about what players think of the Ticat organisation at this time

The same would apply if a trade was cancelled due to a player not passing the physical.

There are probably other teams that would be interested in Canada. Hamilton could probably find a home for him in Toronto or Edmonton while filling in some hole at reciever. Satisfying Canada's desire to play on a contender for once.

It's another trade out of the 'peg that just boggles the mind. Although they may have been able to swindle Hamilton out of a star for nothing in return.

If it goes like the Flory fiasco a couple years back, Hamilton will end up trading him away rather than bringing a cancerous attitude like that into the locker room.

Low class fans, low class players, low class coaches, low class franchise. Winnipeg is not headed in the right direction. Some days I feel sorry for Milt.

You were making some sense until that last paragraph........

Not if the league approves it. Canada not reporting is the Ticats problem now, the Bombers are only “morally” obligated to compensate them with somebody else.

edit

oohhhh poor baby, i made 130,000 to go rush QBs, and I dont wanna get traded to a team that has the same record as my former team, woe is me, somebody needs to send Tom Canada to the graveyard shift and dofasco working continental shifts, and see if he likes that during his football retirement, i cant stand today's athletes, i work 60 hours per week and I gotta put up with these whiney a.ss fools moaning about where they play, they can all go to hell.

Gee, tell us how you really feel..

I would rather he didnt!

Canada is injured?? The trade may be void, or it didn't officially happen at all. If so good news for Ticat fans.

[url=http://www.sportsnet.ca/football/cfl/2008/09/08/bombers_ticats_trade/]http://www.sportsnet.ca/football/cfl/20 ... ats_trade/[/url]

might be good news for now....but what if Moreno is pissed off now?? then you have to trade him anyways...

What a complete and utter mess of a situation.