Canada Cup 2022 Schedule

Here's a link to the schedule for this summer's Canada Cup being held in Kelowna July 11-17.

https://footballcanada.com/news/football-canada-announces-football-canada-cup-fcc-schedule/

3 Likes

Just for fun, here's the 2019 gold medal game:

Can Saskatchewan finally defend the gold?

1 Like

never heard of this before... is this like all star HS players making up for their providence or is it University players of those providences making up the team

It’s for high school students entering grade 12 in September. I’m hoping there will be some live streams. Saskatchewan and Quebec are the 1 and 2 seeds, respectively.

1 Like

wow do I feel old… When I was in high school back in early 2000’s we never had this so this must have been something new that they have added

Apparently, it started in 1995. But I only first heard of it in 2019 or so. There are some Youtube videos of games going back to 2016 or 2015. Hopefully the profile of the event can grow. It’d be nice to see some sort of CFL presence at the tournament.

1 Like

Just a bump, as this tournament starts in a week.

Any folks out in the Kelowa area plan to catch some games?

Game Day 1 – Monday, July 11th, 2022

1 – 10:00am – Ontario (4) vs. Manitoba (5)

2 – 1:00pm – Quebec (2) vs. New Brunswick (7)

3 – 4:00pm – Saskatchewan (1) vs. Nova Scotia (8)

4 – 7:00pm – Alberta (3) vs. British Columbia (6)

Canada Cup starts today!

Can Saskatchewan win it's third straight title? Or will the kids from Quebec finally take the tournament?

https://footballcanada.com/news/football-canada-cup-saskatchewan-looking-for-the-three-peat/?fbclid=IwAR2HHbApVcOPUheCS77JawQ-8TwUGIr-6nZZiNb-diiX0UQM4rapeJvxkeU

1 Like

I plan on going to see Alta and BC at 7 tonight.

2 Likes

Awesome. Maybe you’ll run into some other Okanagan-based posters at the game to cheer on BC.

1 Like

Here's a link to the stream of the Ontario-Manitoba game. Starts at 1 PM EDT, 10 AM in BC.

1 Like

Ontario finally getting some offense going late in the first half.

The booth guys just mentioned that Team Ontario are using digital wristbands to get the plays called by the coaching staff. Do CFL teams use this system?

Nice 45-yard FG to end the first half. Not bad for a kid in high school.

Here's Quebec vs New Brunswick. Let's hope it's a bit closer than the Ontario-Manitoba blowout. But Quebec is a powerhouse, so I expect it'll be another blowout.

I quite like Quebec's double-blue look.

Well, that game went as expected.

Here's Saskatchewan vs Nova Scotia

1 Like

And the favourites continue to do the expected.

I'm not sure who the favourite is in the Alberta-BC game. Should be a good one, streaming now:

Sounds like former Lion Corey Philpot is the coach for Team BC.

1 Like

Closer game. Alberta won 18-17

1 Like

Is football canada streaming these games? If so is it on the football canada site?

Nice. The second half was too late for me. Too bad BC is relegated to the group of teams that lost huge. I expect they’ll dominate the rest of their games.

1 Like

Yes, they’re all being streamed, but it’s from football canada’s youtube channel.

Here’s Thursday schedule:

Ontario vs Saskatchewan and Quebec vs Alberta should be the ones to watch. The winners of those two games will play for gold on Sunday.

1 Like

I went to the alt/bc game. It was a good game.

2 Likes