CANADA BEATS USA IN BASEBALL: FOOTBALL(CFL) IS NEXT

Based upon the questionable idea of this thread that somehow a Canadian all star baseball teams victory over a USA team means that a CFL team would beat a NFL team one must equally draw the following conculsion. Given the fact that a all star Canadian baseball team was blown out by a Mexican all star team it would have to be concluded that a CFL Team could be beat by a ONEFA team. For the who don't know the ONEFA is the Big Ten of American football in Mexico. So perhaps the Unal Tigres would beat Ottawa. Hey if the results of a baseball game prove CFL vs NFL then the results of a baseball game prove CFL-ONEFA. You can't apply your logic only one way .

sure, why not.

anything is possible

With the same logic applied does that now mean Mexico can beat us at hockey too?

yep...we lost to the swiss....the point is, upsets happen. the so called 'un-touchable' teams do lose.

I just thought of this Canada did beat the US right? Well then the US beat Canada with the Mexico game? See the US has over 20 million illegal aliens from Mexico, and the US gov't gives them free healthcare, and assistance, so logic says that USA/Mexico bet Canada. We even have a NFL game and NASCAR in Mexico City.

US,MEXICO,US,MEXICO

I'am making light of this issue. Iit really pisses me off that the US acts like Mexico is our friend when they are conspiring to crash the US economy, by sending there unwanted citizens over the border. The least we can do is take credit for a victory.

Wait a second now that i think of it Puerto Rico is is associated with America. Puerto Rico only governs its domestic affairs, and the US takes control of everything else; defense, economy, social security, currency, immigration, emigration, radio and television, courts.

Another issue that eats at me. We control everything, but they think they are too good to become a state.

Go Canada.

The same logic could also be used, how a US college team can beat an NFL team. Since were are taking this to the extreme, let's throw in the possibility how a top Canadian University team can also beat an NFL or US College. Anything is possible in a one game showdown.

I think this topic may be getting out of the realm of reality.

agreed....but it got outta hand awhile ago.

CFL vs NFL topics never last long

the conversation got outta hand after the first page of this thread.

The problem is the lack of logic on the "other side", the unwillingness to admit how the NFL is vulnerable.

You just have to remember though because the NFL is able to pay the huge salaries the most talented football players go there first and a lot of the stars in the CFL try to make it in the NFL. Guys like FLutie, Ray, Burris, Garcia, Dickenson, Jon Ryan and many other stars in the CFL have tried to go to the NFL, some failing and some succeeding. That's the way it will always be.

but we've also seen that the CFL has plenty of guys who can make it in the NFL, or did make it in the NFL...the thing is, they are always replacing players with youth...doesnt mean they arent NFL material, just means they found someone younger to play his spot who theyve commited a large chunk of change to...so that olderguy moves to the CFL.

the NFL often cuts or benches an established player cuz theyve commited a large amount of money to a younger player.
i remember reading that article i posted about claridges death..there was a comment from his mother...she said something like; the CFL treated him like a human, where the nfl treats u like replacable a piece of meat.

The other factor is, with our fast paced and exciting game a different type of athlete is required.

Sometimes a different athlete is required for our faster more open style of game. I think a lot of times qbs, certain running backs, receivers, db's, and kickers are interchangeable.

Agreed. However with the NFL there is also the politics which come into play. Various GM's will not give a CFL player a proper shot, like Dickenson, Mike Pringle, because it is admitting fault and they must always put their high priced draft choices etc ahead.

But if you went the other way and NFL stars such as Peyton Manning, Shaun Alexander, Chad Johnson, and Brian Urlacher came into the CFL they would dominate.

I am not so sure, why because they are coming the other way? OK, tell me how our QB’s like AC, RR, JM & DD would not be first stringers in the NFL. Even the 40+ Damaon Allen would be a star when compared to some of those stiffs who can’t throw a down and out for the long mega pass of 10 yards.

QB's like Dave Dickenson, Ricky Ray, and Henry Burris had their shot in the NFL and didn't make it. In Burris' playing time with Chicago he was horrible only completing 35% of his passes. And he was the CFL western all-star last year. You just have to face it because of money the NFL gets the most skilled players. The thing that makes the CFL the most exciting game is the rules and the fast, open style of play.