CAN YOU SMELL WHAT THE CUP IS COOKING?

With three weeks left to the regular season, some of our football saavy noses can already smell the the incoming ultimate showdown.

There will be a time in the VGCC BigDave tournament to make playoff and GREY CUP picks, but those predictions will likely be influenced by our head and not our instincts.

So this thread is dedicated to your football gut feeling about the GREY CUP matchup.

In the WEST, I really feel like Saskatchewan and B.C. will find ways to lose (B.C. is really getting good at it, like Montreal of the past years), hence Edmonton will make it to the final by default. :twisted:

In the EAST, I don't see Montreal getting beaten, either by second place Toronto or unlikely semi-final winner Calgary. :shock:

And since Montreal has nullified its two curses (start strong finish ugly and Calvillo not making the big plays), I would at this point pick Montreal to win it all. :!:

NOTE: However, after this week's game, I think everyone would really enjoy a B.C. vs. Montreal GREY CUP game. HOLY SCHLEMACKEL!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

If that was a championship that may not be named preview, it would definitely be quite the show.

That’s not against the bet, is it? I’d best check, and I apologize if I’m not sposed to post this. I’d better print out the rules so I know what I can post.

514MTL if they can match that game on Sunday...then WOW!

This Saturday is a turning point for BC. If they can get back on the Win column
then chances are looking good for that matchup. If they lose on Saturday, then there is more wrong than meets the eye. BC will have a very very tough battle with Edmonton to represent the West. Edmonton improved their running game with Davis. When Sanchez returns to Edmonton, and Washington returns to BC. both secondary's will be much better.

Still, 3 weeks to go...injuries (I hope none!) can still play a factor for all 9 clubs. The Wild Wild West can still have an exciting finish!

As will the EAST.......really nothing has been decided yet..........in both and WEST and the EAST.

I stand corrected HelloThere, I forgot this weekends huge matchup in the East.....Bad me.

It is the CFL.......any thing can happen , and usually does.

Montreal fans are pretty confident.....but there are still 3 games to go.

[quote="514MTL"]With three weeks left to the regular season, some of our football saavy noses can already smell the the incoming ultimate showdown.

There will be a time in the VGCC BigDave tournament to make playoff and GREY CUP picks, but those predictions will likely be influenced by our head and not our instincts.

So this thread is dedicated to your football gut feeling about the GREY CUP matchup.

In the WEST, I really feel like Saskatchewan and B.C. will find ways to lose (B.C. is really getting good at it, like Montreal of the past years), hence Edmonton will make it to the final by default. :twisted:

In the EAST, I don't see Montreal getting beaten, either by second place Toronto or unlikely semi-final winner Calgary. :shock:

And since Montreal has nullified its two curses (start strong finish ugly and Calvillo not making the big plays), I would at this point pick Montreal to win it all. :!:

NOTE: However, after this week's game, I think everyone would really enjoy a B.C. vs. Montreal GREY CUP game. HOLY SCHLEMACKEL!!! :stuck_out_tongue:[/quote

And what do we thinlk today?

You're quite right Argofan , it's looking different today. :smiley: I think many posters were presumptous about BC . So they had a slide, what team hasn't ? In that slide they only looked real bad in the first Bomber game , the rest they were right in the game .
Are alot of teams looking forward to playing BC at home today? BC will be real fired up for the Esks next week too. And they win that , then only home games for BC from here on in.
And your Argos looked pretty good yesterday too.

Deleted double post.

I can't smell what the Cups cooking, and it smells like an American chicken!!! mmmhhh!!!! ah!!!!

all I smelled this morning was road kill aka winnipeg & montreal....congrats lions and argos on most impressive victories.

toronto vs winner of edmonton and bc game next week.

I have to be honest, I really did not think the Argos had much of a chance in Montreal. The Als were on a big winning streak although the Argos did look good in Winnipeg. Now, definitely the Argos will win the East and play BC fo the World Championship Grey Cup.

Not saying it will happen, but it seems Calgary and Saskatchewan are basically counted out at this point. Just for that, I think it would be nice to see a Saskatchewan Calgary final game of the year.

p.s. I apologize for referring to the final game as per my previous bet. I will try to better refrain from such activity or comments.